Chapter 15: Red alert

10th of March 2064

Yoongi walked out of his room finally after recovering from his pitiful state. He was walking to the kitchen when he encountered Gahyeon, who just closed the doors to their mother's room.

She ignored him and walked away.

Yoongi sighed and jogged after her.

'Gahye...'

'I hate you.' she stated harshly. 'You are a jerk. Cold. Selfish. Jerk.'

'I am...'

'Go away if you want. Kill yourself. Who cares?' she mocked.

'Can I at least say "sorry"?' he asked tiredly.

'Whoa?! You are sorry? How shocking! You were not sorry when you left me here and almost drove me over!'

'FFS, Gahyeon!' He grabbed his sister and turned her harshly to himself.

He instantly let her go when he saw silent tears in her eyes. He was impressed she could hide them in her voice...

'WHAT?!' she asked, annoyed. 'You are surprised I cry?! I thought you won't come back! Or have an accident!'

Yoongi put his hand on her arm. He knew she needed a hug, but he wasn't... he didn't want the warmth it would bring.

'Gahyeon...' he said calmly. 'I'm sorry. I broke down. I wasn't in my right state of mind. But I swear... I won't ever leave you alone.'

She sniffed and pressed her forehead to his chest.

'I-it wasn't j-just your father, shithead...'

'I know...' he gulped.

'Mom is not listening to me when I talk to her... She is just insanely mad all the time. She is screaming...'

'Don't go to her alone. Not till the first stage of separation syndrome will pass. She is dangerous for you...'

'Mom won't hurt me!' Gahyeon hit his arm, angrily.

'She can... Even if she recognizes you... it's not enough to conquer her grief. I will go with you every time you want. Just don't go alone...'

Gahyeon looked at the ground and nodded.

'What will you do now?' she asked, quietly. 'If you don't want to go to Uni...'

'I will figure something out. I need to meet our uncle and lawyers...'

'Oh...? I forgot the company existed...' Gahyeon scoffed. 'Will you take over it?'

'Nope. I will hire people that will manage it till you will finish 18. I hate this business shit...'

'Me?'

'Yeah. You are a financial genius... You won the economics tournament last year...'

'But...'

Yoongi just patted her back.

'Start thinking about it.'

He knew exactly what he just did. He gave his sister a "goal". She wasn't the timid baby, his aunt and uncle wanted to see her as.

She was daughter of Min Jaehyung - a business genius - and Min Handong - a mathematical tycoon. She could do the equations in her head like a computer. And they raised her to be a sassy, confident business Queen, as they knew Yoongi had an artist's soul.

But they didn't have the chance to see that he was not just an artist...

Because 2064 - the year that everything collapsed - made him a warrior.