𝐢. wolf moon

INHERITANCE

chapter one ; wolf moon
[ season one - episode one ]

chapter one ; wolf moon[ season one - episode one ]

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐓 had only ever heard things about the new town she would call home. After hearing about the sudden move, the first thing she did was talk to her mother about it, firstly, to question why she was moving with her uncle again, and secondly, to interrogate the woman on what she knew about the town. Perhaps her mother wasn't the most reliable source, but Google could only tell her so much.

Beacon Hills, a quaint town located in central California wasn't up to the standards of Katherine "Kate" Argent. The woman had a particular set of standards for where she chose to reside, high ones at that, this town was too small for her, the people in it living on top of one another, able to know each other's business. That wasn't how Kate liked to live. She liked a private life, anything or anyone too friendly made her queasy. Her secrets were for herself only, that applied to Kinsey too, her mother told her nothing, even if it was about the teenage girl herself. A necessary evil, as the woman had always called it. 

Despite her mother's clear distaste toward the town, Kinsey tried to keep an open mind ahead of the move, unbeknownst to what it might have in store for her. Besides, her Uncle Chris asked for her to be positive about it, which wasn't always her strong suit, but she agreed to try her hardest nonetheless. The man meant a lot to her, he was the closest thing that she had to a father, Chris was more often a parent to her than Kate.

For the past four years, Kinsey had been living with her uncle and his family, her aunt Victoria, an astoundingly terrifying woman with bright blue eyes and luminous red hair, and Allison, her only cousin and best friend all rolled into one. Moving in with them saved her from travelling with her mother for the family business, allowing her to settle and focus on school, at least that was what Kate's excuse was, though Kinsey couldn't help but believe it was for her sake too, allowing Kate to experience the freedom of not having a child tying her down.

 But she couldn't complain, she had lived a good life for the past four years. Chris gave her a life that every child could dream of, a good home and a tight-knit family, all of the things living with her mother didn't provide. Not to mention the bonus of living with Allison, making the two girls more inseparable than ever.

Kinsey hadn't quite been saved from the constant moving that her mother's job would bring, her uncle also traveled for the family business, though he tried to limit himself to the states, making the packing up and moving a little less frequent. They had lived in their fair share of cities, even in the four years of living with her Uncle she had moved her fair share. New York, her favourite of homes, Phoenix, Chicago, and San Francisco. They managed to stick some out longer than other places, but neither of the girls were used to spending more than six months in a city, at least not until San Francisco where they had spent a year and a half, an Argent record. They never stayed in the same place for too long, it was almost as if they were allergic to commitment.