𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 , frayed

frayed

frayed

It had been days since Isaac had moved in with the McCall's, Kinsey had never spent so much time there, not even through all of the time in supporting Scott with his newness to being a wolf, though both she and Isaac continued to deny that they were anything more than friends. As if Scott hadn't caught her sneaking in and out of his home on multiple occasions, or as if he didn't have supernatural hearing too. But he let them continue their facade for a little longer. He found it quite amusing just how far the two were willing to go to keep their secret.

Even Melissa had begun to suspect the two, her son wasn't so much of a good liar as the two of them, his "shock" when she had asked him if they were a thing had told her everything she needed to know. But she too kept it a secret. Mainly, because she could remember what she'd said to Kinsey the night of the formal about love. When she found the right person, it would scare her, that's how she will know whether he was the right one for her, and what proved she was scared of the relationship more than keeping it a secret from everyone she loved?

Kinsey had found herself at the McCall house once again, though this time she didn't sneak in, she was there to help Isaac study, considering everything he had been through since school had started it was safe to say he hadn't had the time to prioritize his studying, and he didn't have the help from Lydia that the girl did when she felt as though she was falling behind. Even if he didn't have the genius redhead herself, he had all of the notes that she had given to Kinsey, which was the second-best thing he could ask for. Kinsey had to admit she wasn't the best tutor, but she tried her best. It was when the two had been sitting and studying that the wolf abruptly stopped, droning out the sound of Kinsey talking about the Pythagoras theorem to listen to what he could hear just down the corridor as he looked straight ahead to the door. It had taken a while for the brunette girl to realize that he wasn't listening and not just because he was trying to process all of the big words she had thrown out at him, or because he was trying to figure out one of the maths problems like he was supposed to be doing. She recognized the look on his face, he often gave it to her, the look of concern.

She nudged him in the side, turning his attention to her for a split second. "What is it?" She asked in a low whisper.

"Scott," Issac mumbled back. "He's going somewhere. Are we gonna try and stop him?"

Kinsey shook her head, taking the wolf by surprise. He would have thought that she would be the first to suggest rushing into the room to find out where he was going, and if she didn't agree with what he was doing, then to stop him. "Of course, we aren't." She followed in a soft mumble. Kinsey closed her books, rolling off of the bed and onto her feet, the brunette grabbed her jacket that she had thrown on the back of the desk chair. "We're going with him."

Isaac smiled at the girl as he closed his books too, that was the Kinsey he knew. He sprung off of the bed, grabbing his own jacket that, unlike her own jacket, she had neatly hung up for him. The tow rushed to throw a pair of shoes on before they missed their chance to gatecrash Scott's plans for tonight, the ones that he was clearly trying to keep away from them as he tiptoed in his room. He wasn't the only person in this house who had superhuman hearing now. Now that Isaac was squatting in his spare bedroom he had no chance of stepping out of the house alone, whether it was Isaac barging in on his plans, or texting Kinsey to do so. They were his personal bodyguards now, even if he was physically stronger than the girl, she had a lot more attitude than him or Isaac put together, and she had the benefit of being a huntress in training. Kinsey and Isaac leaned against the doorframe of Scott's bedroom as he stood with his back turned to them, pulling his jacket on. Scott was so focused on listening to the sound of his footsteps to make sure that they were quiet enough he forgot to focus on whether he could hear either of them from down the hall, that had been his mistake.