𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐱. apotheosis

INHERITANCE

chapter eighty ; apotheosis
[ season five - episode twenty ]

chapter eighty ; apotheosis[ season five - episode twenty ]

With their backs flush against the wall, Kinsey and Malia waited out the were-coyote downstairs. Between the three of them, they were all stubborn and determined, all with a singular goal they aimed to reach tonight. To kill. Who would make the first move was the question that remained. The two teenage girls could still hear her moving around downstairs, keeping close to the doors, they assumed a sneak attack from Braeden wouldn't work in their favour, she was too smart for that. But there was only so much waiting the two of them could take before their instinct kicked in and they charged down there without a second thought.

Corrine was calculating her moves, she knew her daughter had quite the security around her. A mercenary. A Were-Angel trained to be one of the best hunters known to man. Werewolves. And even True Alphas. It wouldn't be an easy fight, but she had waited eighteen years to finally feel the power that her daughter had taken from her. She wouldn't wait another night.

Kinsey pulled out her phone, searching for Isaac's name through the contact list as Malia closely watched her, wondering what she was doing. The Argent turned to her, mouthing that they had to get some help. Malia mouthed back a sharp no, she didn't want to get anyone else involved, it was bad enough that Stiles could still be sitting outside if he hadn't run in the other direction or accidentally shot himself with the gun Kinsey gave him.

As she began typing the SOS message, a voice finally sounded throughout the home. "Who are you texting, girls?" Corrine asked as the two girls froze, their heads whipping toward the stairs that would lead to her. "Is it Isaac, your boyfriend? Tell him to come. Bring all your friends." the woman told them as Kinsey's thumb hovered over the text. "Go ahead. You tell me how many people I'm going to have to kill tonight." Kinsey's stomach churned with the threat, her thumb quickly moving from send to the power button as she turned off her phone. 

Her eyes were wide as she turned to Malia who looked just as sick with worry as she did. Neither of them quite knew if they were capable of killing The Desert Wolf. They didn't know if this was a suicide mission. 

The silence resumed again as Malia nervously bit on her fingers, Kinsey playing with the gun in her hand, trying to think like a hunter, trying to figure out a way they may be able to defeat The Desert Wolf. Coming down, girls? Corrine asked as she continued walking around the house in her clicking boots. As she took another step, another gunshot sounded, startling the two girls as they jumped to their feet, wondering who had shot who. Kinsey stepped closer toward the stairs as she kept an arm in front of Malia, trying to stop her from rushing ahead and getting someone, if not herself killed.