𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, monstrous

monstrous

monstrous

Kinsey Argent drained the shower water from her hair, stepping into a steam-filled room as she wiped her hand across a condensated mirror, staring at her reflection. How long? She wondered. How long until what she had seen at Glen Capri became the reality, it wasn't far, something told her that, it was growing closer, soon, there would be no hiding a glowing pair of eyes that would determine who she was. Making a Hale out of her, for good this time. She had become more of a Hale than ever over recent months, perhaps that was spending more time with Derek and her father, it was only a matter of time before she adapted their characteristics.

Perhaps she was unfair for complaining, maybe Derek's stupid speech about the bite being a gift was true, of course, she didn't need it, she had it running through her veins. But the point still stood. With it, she would be stronger, with her life, that would be ideal. She would have better instincts, she wouldn't have to rely on a weapon that she had hidden in her boot to save her life, she would be equipped with sharp canines, a set of claws, and the knowledge of a hunter. There were people who would kill to be the thing that she would soon become, one of the rarest supernatural creatures that had ever been known to mankind. Some people would love the idea of that title, they would thrive under the pressure. She wasn't one of those people.

The idea made her sick. The thought of transitioning every full moon until she gained control over it made her skin crawl. She saw what it did to Scott. To Isaac. To Malia. It wasn't something she wanted for herself. The idea of those constant weapons had made her uncomfortable, she would much rather carry around the silver dagger in her boot, knowing that with it, she had control. Something she would lose yet again when the time come where she became a werewolf. IF. If she became a werewolf. It was still something to consider. Would she be selfish and allow everyone around her to lose someone again just because she didn't want to live that kind of life? Or would she suck it up and become the thing she was destined to become, and learn to cope with it because the people she loved needed her?

By the time she wrapped a fluffy white towel around her, the mirror had condensated again, she spent every spare moment of her time contemplating the decision Kinsley had made for her. Choosing the fate that her granddaughter's transition would be an awfully delayed one, waiting for when she was stronger, when it would be more of an unbearable change in her life. All so she could predict a dead pool with her name at the top, standing on a pedestal with a hell of a lot of money over her head.

She couldn't blame Kinsley for the dead pool entirely. Sometimes, these predictions were out of their hands, sometimes, they had to live with the consequences. Kinsey couldn't imagine how her grandmother felt when her name appeared on that list, of course, her fate hadn't ended with that list like every other name she and Lydia's grandmother had pulled out. She was the only one who Eichen hadn't managed to get its hands on. Gerard had saved them the trouble of that.