𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐 , visionary

visionary

visionary

A small glow emitted from the silent television in the far corner of her freshly painted bedroom, in the three days since Boyd's death the brunette had already found herself going through the five stages of grief. The night it happened, she was very much in denial, she hoped that Boyd would somehow come back, or that he was never dead, like Derek. It didn't matter if he died in her lap, she still hoped, she was still in the stage of denial. The following morning came anger, she had torn apart her bedroom in a fit of rage while Chris and Allison stood in the doorway watching her, they knew better than to try and talk some sense to her. Instead, when she had calmed down and decided that she was now over the stage of anger and wanted to fix her room, they helped her, including painting the room as a distraction. Then, came the bargaining. She kept asking herself what she could have done differently, how different things could have been if she had run up those stairs quicker, or if she had never left at all and just skipped school. For hours on end she sat asking herself those questions on repeat, she asked Allison and Chris too, neither quite knew how to approach the situation. Allison didn't feel as though she was quite obligated to offer her advice after how she had handled the grief of her mother's death as for Chris, the man had never let himself grieve before, it wasn't what hunters did, his daughter and niece hadn't gotten that far yet. All the two could do was reassure the girl that she did all she could, as did everyone else, they hadn't been there, but they seemed sure of that fact.

Now, she found herself in the fourth stage. She had been in it since yesterday afternoon and it hadn't passed as fast as the previous three stages did, this one was the one she couldn't pull herself out of.

The dim light of the television was the only light she had allowed herself to see, though she hadn't even taken a glimpse of it since Allison had put it on last night, she continued staring at the same spot on the wall beside her bedroom door letting the thoughts in her mind consume her entirely. A series of plates and cups had begun piling up on her bedside table and dresser, all of Chris' and Allison's attempts to get her to eat or drink something in the time since she had entered this fourth stage. Her new curtains had been shut since they had been hung, her light switch had begun collecting dust. She couldn't face seeing the light of day when she'd watched someone have that privilege snatched away from someone else, she didn't deserve to. All she could think about was how she had failed to help him, or any of them, when she was supposed to be this powerful being whose sole purpose was protection for people, especially people like Boyd. Yet when she had tried to, she had proven completely useless, just like she knew she was.

Nobody who had been there to witness the fateful death of the young wolf has spoken to each other since they didn't know how to. Kinsey couldn't face Cora, not after she had failed to save Boyd, one of the only friends Cora had after spending months in the vault, it was clear that she didn't quite think of the pack as her friends yet, it was too soon. She hadn't spoken to Isaac either, for similar reasons, Boyd was his best friend too, they were betas together, for the first few months of their transitions they had been each other's support systems. Every full moon until Boyd was taken had been spent together, and almost every day since Boyd had gotten out had been spent the same way. Now, Boyd was gone. She didn't know what to say to him after that, not when she felt as though she was the very reason he didn't make it. She liked to think that Scott was the one being his support system these past few days, Scott was now the closest person that Isaac had to a friend, now that the wolf had taken him in the two seemed to have grown even closer. She believed Scott would take good care of the wolf, especially for her.