𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. sundowning

INHERITANCE

chapter eighty-three ; sundowning
[ season six - episode three ]

chapter eighty-three ; sundowning[ season six - episode three ]

Isaac Lahey walked toward the school with a furrowed brow.
He was in a strange mood. He had been since he had opened his eyes this morning. He couldn't help but feel like something was wrong, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He wasn't sure he was quite qualified to know whether something was off, that was a feeling he usually left up to Lydia and... well, just Lydia. Things had been a little up in the air for everyone lately. They all still felt like someone was missing from their lives, someone they had begun referring to by the name of Stiles. It didn't even sound like a name, but for some reason, it was what they were all convinced this ghost was called. It had been showing up everywhere. More so for the others than it had for him.

He didn't feel as connected to this ghost as everyone else seemed to be. He felt like he knew him that was for sure, but unlike Scott, he didn't think that this ghost was his best friend. Nor did he believe he used to love him like Lydia felt like she did. Nor had he been caused to wolf out, or in Malia's case, coyote out, as she had been since this whole "Who is Stiles?" thing began. When he thought about this Stiles, he felt a pang of hatred, maybe even jealousy. Though he wasn't sure why he would ever be jealous of whoever this guy was. What could Stiles have ever had that he'd want for himself?

So, over the past few days, it hadn't felt like too much of a loss for him. At least not until he woke up this morning. Then, he felt like he had woken up grieving a loved one. He turned over in bed, expecting to see someone beside him, but of course, the bed was empty. As it always had been. It didn't make sense why he would ever expect anyone to be there.

But he had. He felt this huge sense of loss. He could hardly breathe. It was like someone stole the very breath from his lungs. Like someone had taken a limb from him. He felt estranged. Or even abandoned. 
Isaac was self-aware, he knew he had issues. Ones that he was still trying to understand and try to work on, but even that seemed different to him. He could remember feeling relieved after his father's death. The man had caused him nothing but pain. The same for Parrish, a man who felt a need to run away and change everything about him, forgetting all about the past he once had with an abusive father. That revelation felt like so long ago, Isaac could hardly remember how it all came out, but it had, and the two of them had been better for it. Of course, Liam never had to experience that, and hell were the two older brothers glad about it, if it wasn't for... however the two of them found out about Liam, who knew how long they could have gone on looking out for the young beta, unaware of just how much he meant to their lives.

It was strange, how all of this information just suddenly appeared. He had never sought out his brothers. Hell, one of them he didn't even know he had. And for the life of him he couldn't think how he had come to find out. He could have sworn someone had helped him. Helped him with a lot of things, including his issues. Someone used to make him feel like he was worth something, even when he questioned it. He just couldn't remember who. 
Maybe that was him pushing his trauma to the back of his mind like Parrish had. His first thought was Argent, the man had helped him with a lot, he had given him a job while he was gone, a roof over his head when he returned, but even so, it didn't feel right. Isaac didn't look at the man and instantly feel better about himself and his issues.
That was another thing he couldn't quite understand when he thought about it deeper. Why did Argent do all of those things for him?