𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , the girl who knew too much

the girl who knew too much

It was supposed to be a normal Sunday night, a night where two people who were casually dating lounged around and watched a movie with the close, but not too close, supervision of Scott who was in his bedroom a few doors away studying as part of the be-a-better-Scott-McCall-program. Since their little secret had come out, to everyone but her uncle, Kinsey often found herself at the McCall house, it was one of the very few places of sanctuary that the two had to be themselves and not have to hide that they were in an extremely casual relationship. Her own home was off-limits, Chris would kill her if he found out about Isaac, he wouldn't be as calm as he was when finding out his niece was a supernatural being, that was something she and Allison were both sure of. Derek's loft was a place neither visited quite so often anymore nor did they want to after what had happened there, since hearing the tale of Derek's teenage years, none of them had been back since. And even if they had, if Peter was there they would have to act as if they were nothing but friends, he had made it clear that he didn't like the idea of her with Isaac. Not because he disliked the young beta, because frankly, Isaac had grown on him, but he didn't like the thought of his daughter with anyone. It was a natural fatherly instinct that he never thought he would have. He'd been proven wrong.

That left school and the McCall house.

Melissa wasn't opposed to the idea of the two using her home as their hangout, she enjoyed having another female presence in her home, even if it were just for a few hours. It gave her a much-needed break from all of the male hormones that infested her home. It also gave Scott his excuse to keep tabs on the two of them, with the Alpha pack ready to release an attack on them at any given moment it was important he had tabs on the entire pack, even those who were just closely intertwined with the pack, like Cora. He had to keep a close eye on all of them, but the two who were just a few doors away from him were the two he felt like he needed to keep closer than the rest. Both Isaac and Kinsey had an act for getting themselves into trouble, and when one was in trouble he could guarantee that the other would be involved too.

Unlike their previous attempts of having a calm movie night, tonight the two teenagers were determined to actually sit through an entire movie without being distracted by one another, which was always inevitable when the two of them were alone together. Usually, they wouldn't make it past the title sequence before the "groping in a dark corner began" as Peter had so subtly put it. After that, the two typically fell asleep until the alarm rang telling them it was time for Kinsey to go home so she could meet her curfew.

Tonight, was different.
Though they had made it past the title sequence tonight, they hadn't gotten much further before the two began talking about the Alpha pack and Derek, wondering what it might mean for them and their futures, whether that be one they shared together or alone. It wasn't often the two talked about the future, not in a sense where they had to wonder whether they would still be what they were now, or if they would be together, or nothing at all. Eventually, they had decided to digress from the conversation, postpone it for another time, if there ever was one.