𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒊𝒙 , chaos rising

chaos rising

chaos rising

With her bag thrown over her shoulder, Kinsey walked back into the apartment, it had only been a few hours since she and Allison had left for school but after the day she'd had it felt like she had been gone a week. Like Scott had said, life moved too fast for them to keep up with. Though she hadn't told anyone, ever since receiving the gash on her head she'd had a dull headache, it was possible that her uncle was right to criticize the talents of the EMTs, because she'd become familiar with what a concussion felt like, and despite being told she didn't have one her head told her something different.

Derek had insisted that while the three teenagers tried to be normal teenagers he would deal with Isaac and figure out who the girl he was talking about was, but in the meantime, all that the three could do was go home. Kinsey had hung back for a moment while Scott and Stiles walked towards the Jeep, a little more hesitant to leave Isaac than the boys were, she refused to leave until Derek had promised to update on anything he got out of Isaac, even if it didn't make sense. A pinky promise from the wolf, to be exact. After the day she'd had it cheered her up slightly to see someone who acted as big and bad as Derek give her a pinky promise, she'd always known he had had a soft spot for her, but now that the two had discovered their shared name his soft spot for the girl had only grown. It made more sense to him now how she was similar to Cora, the two were both stubborn, and Hale's, it was hard for the two not to resemble one another. He missed having his little sister annoy him, Kinsey was the closest thing he had had to that since the fire, he would never admit it, but he enjoyed having her around. Even when she made him use pinky promises as a form of trust.

As soon as the brunette had shut the apartment door she had heard the distant chattering and laughter of Allison and Lydia, she looked straight down the hallway to Allison's bedroom at the end of the hall, she could see the two sitting on the edge of Allison's bed filing through paint samples. With all the free time that the three had gained from their day off of school, the three opted to have a girly day where Lydia would help them settle into their new home. They should have known that with that would come the redhead's input on what color to decorate their new rooms, back in the old house every time Lydia had visited she complained about the color of Allison's walls and how it gave her a headache, now she had the opportunity to make sure that it didn't happen again.

Kinsey dropped her bag in the foyer of the apartment, walking into the room with a smile. For once the two girls in front of her seemed happy, she wasn't going to ruin that by discussing an Alpha pack or all of the strange animal-related accidents that had happened to them over the past few days. It could wait until another day. Tonight would be about them, making up for the disaster that was Allison's first night back last night.

"Finally, your back." Lydia beamed, jumping up from the bed with a selection of paint samples in her hand. Clearly, she wasn't willing to wait for the girl to settle before she began explaining all of the elaborate visions she had for their rooms, if they were going to get it right they had to do it while all of her ideas were still fresh in her head. If they kept to the schedule she'd conjured up in her head the painting of their bedrooms would be done by the end of the night. "Okay, so I have a vision." She began to explain with some Stiles-sized hand gestures.