𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , formality

formality

formality

With just two days left until the winter formal Kinsey knew it was crunch time if she was going to win her deal against Stiles, so as she walked towards the school she prepared herself with a deep breath and a slight prayer that whoever the first person she laid her eyes on when she walked in wasn't a jock or some creepy person who could easily pass as a stalker. And in her moments of a few deep breaths, she thought back to her deal with Stiles wondering how his end was going, whether he would actually build up the nerves to ask the girl she knew he'd had a crush on for years. And then it came to her. The most perfect loophole that ever had existed. Stiles had specifically said she had to ask a stranger, not that they had to agree to attend the formal with her. So her plan to go alone would remain intact, all she had to do was ask someone. After this deal, she knew she'd have to teach Stiles how to be slightly more accurate when wording his side of the deal, otherwise loopholes like this one would be found. So as she walked into the school as late as she usually was Kinsey found herself beaming and proud that she had managed to catch Stiles out in that small loophole. Due to her lateness, the hallways of the school lacked many potential dates to the formal, the only person who stood in her line of view being a fellow late-attender who frantically shoved his belongings into his locker before he would run to class.

"Hi." Kinsey beamed as she leaned against the brunette boy's locker.

"H- Hey. Kinsey, right?" He awkwardly stammered as he looked the girl up and down questioning her sanity for the mere fact she was speaking to him. Especially when she was known as a popular girl, even if she didn't know that herself.

Wasting no time, particularly because she wanted this over and done with and not the fact she was already fifteen minutes late to her first class the blonde asked the question that was bound to take any stranger back after she'd only spoken one word to him . "Would you like to go formal with me on Friday?"

"Me? Me. You're asking me? To go to the formal. With you?" He nervously stammered.

"Oh, you can't? That's really unfortunate, I was really looking forward to it." Kinsey blurted out quickly trying to stop the boy from having the chance to provide her with an actual answer as well as an actual date to the dance. Neither of which she wanted. "Well, it was nice meeting you but I'm late for chemistry." She quickly said before walking towards her class where she was able to rub it in Stiles's face that her end of the deal had been properly sealed and loopholed.

"We already met!" Matt shouted down the hall to the girl.

Kinsey spent the entirety of chemistry rubbing her loophole in Stiles's face while he sat there with a straight face questioning how he had missed that, as well as how he had lacked the detail of what would have happened if she hadn't asked whoever the stranger was. Unfortunately for him he still hadn't asked Lydia to go to the formal with him, though he had equipped a helping hand in that department to ensure that Lydia couldn't say no to him. Maybe that was his own loophole within this deal, Kinsey never said that he couldn't get help from Allison and Scott. But he thought he would leave her unbeknownst to that little revelation, it would only make her reaction that much more enjoyable when she finally realized what had happened when she went dress shopping with Allison and Lydia after school today. Where it was all going down.