𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒘𝒐 , riddled

riddled

riddled

"Hey, Stiles." 

Kinsey beamed like a ray of sunshine as she skipped to her seat beside the boy, a smile across her face, she was in an unusually good mood considering the latest events of her life. She had sprung out of bed with newfound energy, even Allison had been surprised to see the brunette skip past her open bedroom door this morning while she sat at her vanity, she'd had to do a double-take to make sure she wasn't hallucinating now, even checking the alarm clock that sat on her bedside table, an entire half an hour before the younger girl usually got up, well, until she usually found herself dragging the girl out of bed. She hadn't seen her in such a good mood at this time of the morning since, well, ever. Despite what was going on in their lives, the Oni as the latest foe's in town, Kinsey chose not to dwell on the darkness in her life, she chose to think of the positives, one of them being that after a short stay at the hospital under Melissa's care, Stiles was back in school, prepared to not dwell on his life either. 

The boy stared straight ahead, his eyes on the front of the class as the girl stared at him with her brows knitted, waiting for him to answer her, but he didn't. Kinsey shrugged, she could see how he had a slight redness beneath his eyes, she assumed that even after being in the hospital for a few hours to catch up on some much-needed rest, he still wasn't quite himself, those kinds of things took time, she understood that. She didn't pester him as she too turned to the front of the class. She wasn't used to being so early, the class was still empty, just the two of them so far, not even Scott had gotten here yet, it was a strange sensation for her, everything she felt was strange to her, but she didn't want to question the feeling of happiness inside of her, it had been so long since she had felt it, there was no need to ruin a good thing. 

Kinsey wasn't sure how long had passed between her sitting down and hearing her name being called from the front of the class, she had been doodling in her notepad in her favorite blue ink with a smile on her face, truly at her happiest. When the girl looked up, she had expected to see Mr. Yukimura at the front of the class, picking on her to answer questions had become a habit of the man's, testing her to see if she had been studying using the notes Kira gave her as he had arranged and she had been, which was why she never seemed to mind answering them, proving herself to him. An undying need to prove one's self was just a side effect of having parents like her own, desperate to prove to everyone that she wasn't going to become a product of them. 

But rather than seeing Kira's father at the front of the class, the person who had called her name stood with their back to her, chalking a large number five on the board. From what she could see the figure stood in a leather bomber jacket, heavily bandaged fingers wrapped around the piece of chalk, she had no idea who stood at the front of her history class, or how they had known her name, all that she knew was that a feeling of fear had quickly risen in her stomach, replacing the joyous feeling that had been there since waking up this morning.