𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚 , smoke and mirrors

smoke and mirrors

smoke and mirrors

Kinsey paced around the Sheriff's department as she and Stiles waited for the man to arrive, she grew more anxious with every passing moment. Her mother. Her mother did this. There wasn't a doubt in her mind. Her mother was conniving. A schemer. It was no coincidence that when she'd disappeared from the sewer Scott and Kira had gone missing. It couldn't be a coincidence. There was no such thing in her life, everything was connected, she had learned that the hard way, all of this seemed to apply to the same logic. The only thing for her to do was listen to Deaton. To save Scott, they had to go to Mexico. Stiles had been trying to convince his father all night for them to go but ultimately, he had failed, that was when the big guns came in, someone he never seemed to say no to. Her. 

The Sheriff walked into the department, the two jumping up as he sighed, he knew what his son had planned, he was transparent. He was trying to play on his weakness for the sweet Angel that he was dating. Usually, even he would admit that it would work, he found it hard to say no to an Angel, a huntress, and someone who had done a lot for him and his family. But today was when he drew the line. 

He ushered the two into his office, shutting the door behind him softly, giving the two hope that today would go their way, he could have slammed the door in frustration, but he didn't. So far, it was looking hopeful- "You're not going to Mexico." Sheriff Stilinski sternly insisted as he pointed a finger at the two of them, using his best intimidation tactics.

Their plan had quickly flown out of the window. Now there was only one thing for them to do, to beg him to hear them out, to see how dire this situation was as if he hadn't seen the state of the loft that the two had been taken from last night. The broken windows. The blood. A crime scene of sorts. Kinsey hadn't even seen the loft, and even she knew that this was dire, perhaps it was a daughter's intuition, but this entire thing had Kate Argent written all over it.

"Dad, Scott, and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay?" Stiles reiterated, a point the man had heard all night. In the loft. On the way home from the night. While he was getting in bed last night. The moment he opened his eyes this morning. He had heard it loud and clear, the repetition of it didn't change his mind. "I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."

"Okay." Sheriff Stilinski sighed as he moved over to his desk, placing his hands on it as he leaned on it, naturally, his son copied his stance as he stood on the opposite side of it, both trying their hardest to assert authority on the other while the brunette girl stood beside Stiles as she chewed anxiously on her red painted nails. "Even if Deaton is right about this the best thing to do is to go through the proper channels." He tried to reason with his son, as his son tried to reason with him too. Neither seeing eye to eye about the right approach to dealing with a couple of powerful and rare supernaturals, especially when neither of them knew about Kate's recent sightings in town. A detail Kinsey would rather keep to herself until she knew what her mother wanted and how to get rid of her, it would have to stay that way too. "That means we call the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."