𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. maid of gevaudan

INHERITANCE

chapter seventy-eight ;
maid of gevaudan
[ season five- episode eighteen ]

INHERITANCEchapter seventy-eight ; maid of gevaudan[ season five- episode eighteen ]

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐓 was nineteen when she died in the winter of 1767.
Raised in the South of France alongside her older siblings, Marie-Jeanne and Sebastien, she had lived a humble life filled with love. She would be remembered by the townspeople as the young rebellious girl, but to history, as the Maid of Geuvadan's sister, the one who had died at the hand of The Beast. The reason the maid was driven to claim vengeance. In history, the story would be told that way, in reality, it couldn't have been further from the truth. The truth of what happened that fateful night would lie and die with the Valet sisters, unknown by history, and to those lucky enough to hear the tale, nothing more than a crazed man's twisted tale. 

Standing before her grandfather, Kinsey wrapped her arms around herself, discomforted by the amount of time she had spent around the man, how close she had been to him in all this time. It sent a chill down her spine every time he looked at her, like he saw nothing more than a pawn to his game. He had began recalling a piece of history, a legend revolving around The Beast. Kinsey had only ever heard what Allison had told her, but those details were fuzzy, it felt like it had been an entire lifetime since sophomore year when she had researched their family for some project. But now, Gerard had the full story.

There was a French soldier in the Seven Years war. His name Sebastian Valet. In 1760, he'd found himself in Canada, serving his country. One night, as Gerard foretold, he and a fellow soldier had been running from British Soldiers on a cold, rainy night. The conditions were terrible. Wet. Hard to run in. For the few moments he had found dry land, a moment to collect his thoughts, he had written them down, in a letter, addressed to the two sisters he had left in France. 

𝘋𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘦-𝘑𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘢,

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵. 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘐𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘴𝘩.
𝘞𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘯. 𝘔𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘶𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯𝘫𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. 𝘈𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩, 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴.