𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , night school

night school

night school

"Lock it! Lock it!"

"Scott, do I look like I have a key?" Kinsey shouted in a panic.

They were all flustered. Desperate to find something to block the doors rather than their arms that currently clung onto the push bar for dear life. It was all that was gripping them to reality, the ache in their arms from holding so tightly being the only thing to tell them this wasn't a severely messed up dream. The Alpha had just appeared. It had just killed Derek. That only left a certain amount of time before each of them met the same fate as him. It was three teenagers against a large beast who had just effortlessly thrown Derek against a wall as though it was nothing, that yet another murder in this town was nothing. Scott may be a werewolf but none of them found comfort in the idea of him going up against the Alpha, whether it claimed to be his Alpha or not. Whoever it was wanted something. And after the events of the last few weeks, all three of them had an incline that they were part of that 'something that it wants.

"Just grab something! Anything!" He pleaded.

Much like Kinsey had experienced a few times today Stiles stood up as he experienced his own lightbulb moment, just the first of ideas they'd have to test out to try and stay alive tonight. No plan could be a bad plan if it had a chance of saving their lives. Curious, Kinsey and Scott stood up to join him as he looked through the small glass window of the door hoping to see what brilliant plan Stiles had come up with. Only to see a pair of bright yellow bolt cutters sat on the cement a few feet away from them, though it was the only thing in a close radius that could block the door as they needed. But neither Kinsey nor Scott was daring enough to step their foot outside of this door, nor were they willing to let the boy beside them dare to either.

"No." Kinsey deadpanned as she tightly gripped Stiles's sleeve refusing to let him take even another step out of the school. With or without her and the wolf by his side.

Stiles nodded as he shoved the flashlight in Scott's arms. "Yes."

"Are you insane?" The brunette shouted in a hushed whisper as she forced the boy took look at her, hoping to show him just how serious she was about her objection. "Did you not just see that thing pick Derek up and throw him against a wall like it was nothing? Picking you up would be like picking up a god damn tic-tac. You cannot go out there."

"I'm going." He insisted as he removed the girl's grip from his sleeve and began sneaking out of the door, adrenaline rushing through his veins with every step that he took.

Kinsey and Scott both turned to look back out of the small window as Stiles crept slowly towards the bolt cutters, looking around for the Alpha to pounce as he did so. All that Scott was able to hear was the rapid heartbeat of Kinsey thudding in his ears amongst the sound of his own, and at that moment he couldn't help but wonder if he could have the same effect on her heart rate as Allison did on him. With his eyes still tightly on Stiles, he reached out for Kinsey's hand, tightly locking it in his as Stiles became closer and closer to the bolt cutters. And for a moment her heart rate did slow down and a shaky breath escaped her lips, slightly comforted by the wolf. For a moment they were both confident as Stiles wrapped his hand around the bolt cutters but it was confidence that came much too soon. The Alpha never stayed hidden for long.