𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , strange frequencies

strange frequencies

strange frequencies

A feeling of discomfort festered inside of her, her arms wrapped tight around her, hoping to act as a shield against what she was seeing, against the feelings that begged to be let in. Though she couldn't stand the sight, she couldn't draw her eyes away from it. The dead body that was. Josh, Scott had confirmed his name, a junior, and a Chimera. A former Chimera. Now, all he was was a failed experiment of The Dread Doctors. That, and an awful reminder for Kinsey of the crime she had committed. 

She had visions of her scrubbing her skin red raw to get the blood off of her. The burning feeling of hurting her skin until it bled, though nobody would be able to tell. Not anymore. By the time she had stepped out of the scalding shower her skin was like new. She only wished that it could work like that for her mind too. That she could heal from the torment she had caused herself in a moment of weakness, of anger and desperation.

In some ways, the body in front of her was similiar to that of Donovan's. The lifeless eyes. Fangs. Blood spewing out of him. She couldn't count how many times she had seen that image since. It, he, was everywhere. In every reflection. In every dream. She hadn't slept in days. Though being a werewolf seemed to cover that too, nobody would ever known from a quick glance that she'd deprived herself of sleep for days now. Perhaps that was what she deserved, to be haunted by it, by her actions. Maybe that would be the thing to stop her from becoming her parents.

She stared at the dead boy in front of her as the lump in her throat continued to swell. While his name didn't bring any sense of familiarity to her, his face did. It was as clear as day, as though it was still happening. She saw him, she told the room, the three boys turning to look at her with a furrowed brow, questioning what she meant. In the hospital, she told them, she saw him laying on a surgical table with The Dread Doctors surrounding him, peeling back his skin. He begged for his life, to not be hurt, and now he lay dead in front of them. 

Maybe she could have saved him somehow, she thought. Was that the reason she and Lydia saw it? Was it a plea for their help? She wasn't sure, but if the sight in front of her proved anything, it was that it was too late to save him. We can't let it happen again, she insisted as she looked over the three faces surrounding her, if they found out who the next Chimera was, they had to help, it couldn't end like this again. Another teenager couldn't lose their life because of these creatures.

The three equally uncomfortable boys nodded in agreement, staring at the maroon liquid slowly dripping onto the floor. They had all seen dead bodies before tonight, a lot of them in fact, but it was something about this one that made them sick, something about this felt different. None of them were sure what it was that made this dead body so different from the rest, but they knew it was a feeling they didn't like. Kinsey imagined that it was worse for Stiles and Theo, they had to see it happen, watching as one of The Dread Doctors slashed the Chimera's throat. Unable to try and save him. That was always the worst part. The survivors guilt that hit afterwards.