𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 , illuminated

illuminated

illuminated

In a room left in complete darkness Isaac lay curled up on the carpet, shaking like a leaf, despite the fear-induced sweat that dripped down him, soddening his hair until it regained a natural curl, he was freezing, as cold as ice. He couldn't move, unable to pull himself up off of the floor to open the door that Kinsey and Allison banged their fists against as they yelled his name in the hopes that it would somehow unlock itself the same way that it had locked itself. They couldn't be sure, but they assumed it wasn't Isaac who had locked the bedroom door, he wouldn't have had the time to after the scream, Kinsey had been straight at the door. Even if he was slightly terrified of what Chris would do to him now that he knew about him and his niece, he wouldn't have locked the door to hide from the man in fear. He'd learned enough about Chris to know it would only make matters worse. Something else had happened to him, someone had reached him before Chris had been able to drag him into the lecture along with his niece and daughter.

While the two girls threw themselves against the door, Chris rushed around the apartment in search of a flashlight, he thought the lights in the apartment would have come back on by now, but he was beginning to think that Kinsey telling Scott and Stiles to go to the power substation had something to do with it, something had happened there that had cut the power of the entire town, at the worst possible time too.  Chris returned with an industrial-sized flashlight in hand, warning the two teenage girls to move aside as his boot collided with the bedroom door, swinging it open, something Kinsey was trying to refrain from doing, she didn't want to be the one to blame for breaking their apartment when she had only narrowly escaped her last lecture.

Kinsey's room was trashed, the pages of the bestiary had been blown around every inch of the room, lamps broken as they lay down on the dresser, pictures fallen onto the floor. It certainly hadn't been Isaac alone in here. While the two girls rushed to Isaac's side, Chris shone the light around the room, looking for something or someone lurking in the shadows, he didn't know which but it had to be one of them, Isaac didn't do this to himself, Kinsey placed her hands on either side of the wolf's face, feeling how cold his skin was as he flinched away from her warm touch, terrified by it, by anyone. Once the room was clear Chris dropped down beside the two girls who tried to calm down the wolf, but neither had been successful so far. 

Chris placed his hands on Isaac's face, turning his face towards him. "Isaac, look at me. Isaac." The man repeated as the wolf looked at him with wide and tearful eyes. 

"What's happening to him?" Kinsey asked, her voice cracking. She hadn't seen him like this since he was under the bed at Glen Capri, tortured by his own mind and memories, even with a past like his, the childhood memories he had the kind of things that she knew had come back to him that night, he looked more terrified now than ever.