𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , letharia vulpina

letharia vulpina

letharia vulpina

She'd never known silence like this one, pain like the one she felt inside of her. It wasn't just in her heart but in her bones. It was consuming her. Kinsey had been through many things in her life, it hadn't been an easy ride, every time she thought she'd just lived through the worst day of her life, it always proved her wrong. Making her believe that things could always get worse. But she couldn't see how it could get any worse than this. It couldn't be possible. Her entire world was shattering around her, completely out of her control, just when she thought she had gotten it back by shutting that door into her mind when they had helped Malia. She should have known better than to think her life would take a turn for the better. 

With their hands intertwined, the two brunettes sat in the silence, their heads resting on the wall behind them as they stared up at the ceiling, wondering how they had gotten to this point while they waited, just like they had been waiting for the past two days, so far, they'd gotten nowhere.

Until now, Kinsey thought that after hours of crying, the tears would begin to run out, that there would be a point of dehydration where it would just stop, in the past two days, she was proven wrong. The tears didn't stop, as much as she would have liked them to, they were never-ending. Her sleeve was soddened from the number of times she had wiped them off of her cheek, even Allison's had become drowned with her cousin's tears. Allison had barely left her side, only ever when Chris took over so she could get something to eat and drink or to go back home to shower. Neither wanted to leave Kinsey alone and even if forty-eight hours of waiting around had gotten them nowhere, Kinsey refused to step out of this hospital until she was allowed to see him. 

She had always known that her family was her rock, that she would be lost without them, the last forty-eight hours had only solidified that mindset. Chris had been willing to put the entire dating a werewolf thing behind him because he had seen his niece with Isaac, how him being a werewolf meant nothing to her, the two of them would be just the same if he was human. The two of them cared for each other more than he knew, and frankly, Isaac was beginning to feel a part of their insanely messed-up family. Maybe it was the fact they couldn't quite get the boy out of their apartment, but he had become a vital part of all of their lives, not just Kinsey's.

This was why it was so hard for the three of them to be told that no matter how much they saw Isaac as a part of their family, he simply wasn't. Not in the eyes of the law or the hospital, who'd kept them sitting outside of his ICU room for the past two days, barely letting them peek inside through the small window in the door, Chris had to pry updates out of them, but all they got was that Isaac was alive. Though it was good, they wanted details. 

Scott and Melissa stepped out of the elevator, planning on visiting Isaac before Scott headed to school, the last place he wanted to be with everything going on, but he had made a promise to himself and his mom that he intended to keep, and frankly, school might just have been the kind of distraction that he needed. They had put off visiting for the past two days, neither could quite bring themselves to do it, sitting at home knowing that Isaac wasn't in their spare room sleeping at night was already hard enough, and that didn't even involve seeing him in his poor state. The two had spent the last two days sitting around the phone, waiting for an update on either him or Stiles. Nothing had come from either of them.