𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , dreamcatchers

dreamcatchers

dreamcatchers

"I should've got a haircut."

"You look great," Kinsey reassured the man with a smile, sitting on the couch in his office while he fixed himself up for his date tonight. It was the entire reason she was here, to give him advice and to ensure he was well-prepared for tonight's date, one that she had helped arrange. She had picked out his outfit and told him all the right things to say and although she hadn't intended to, she had brought help with her.

As soon as Stiles had found out she was coming to the station to help his father prepare for some big date he had volunteered himself to come along, insisting he could come in handy, after all, if he could score an Angel as a girlfriend, he was sure there were some tips he could offer his father tonight, maybe even a compliment or two. It was that what Kinsey feared. 

The boy told his father he was lucky to still have hair to fix given his age, he said in an attempt to give his father that compliment he proposed he had ready to help his dad, it was because Kinsey feared that something like that would come out of his mouth that she brought back up with her, someone who she knew could give a compliment. Perhaps even save them from whatever idiocy escaped Stiles's mouth. Scott swooped in, agreeing with the huntress that the man looked great, and the girl who had helped him get ready was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Well, thank you, children I should have had." Noah nodded at the two who smiled back at him proudly while his actual son looked between all three of them with great offense, he thought the compliment was a good one. Then again, when he had scored his badass huntress girlfriend, the whole process had taken a lot longer than he had hoped. For a moment, Noah seemed to have a good amount of confidence for someone going on a date after a long time, but something inside of him quickly changed as it shattered. "Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea." The man complained as he undid the perfect tie around his neck, trying to take back everything that Kinsey had worked on.

Stiles quickly grabbed the man, stopping him from running Kinsey's hard work any more than he already had. He began fixing up his father's tie and shirt again, it was just one date, he reminded the man, Beacon Hills wouldn't implode while he was out with one woman. Scott nodded beside his best friend who had actually helped the situation, though Noah still looked at Kinsey and the wolf who should have been his son for reassurance that Stiles was right. Or man, Stiles added as a precaution, his sly attempt of figuring out who this date was in the first place. It was a secret, a secret he had tried to pry out of the two who were keeping it. His girlfriend and his father.

"It's a woman, Stiles." He told the boys. "A very beautiful woman." He added, Kinsey nodded, she was still so proud that she had managed to achieve the arrangement of this date. It was some of her best work if she said so herself. 

He continued to pry, asking what woman it was exactly, he had asked it a million times while the three of them rode over here, but Kinsey had kept her mouth zipped and threw away the key, his father had asked for her to keep it between them, and so she had. The trust of the Sheriff wasn't something she would throw away. Stilinski reassured his son that it was none of his business nor Scott's, who didn't seem to mind being left in the unknown, he had an unmoveable grin from ear to ear just knowing that the man had a date, it comforted him knowing that he had a chance of a happy and healthy relationship. He deserved it.