𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , insatiable

insatiable

insatiable

Darkness surrounded her, clinging to her lungs like smoke until breathing felt impossible.

Screaming was a thing of the past, suffering was her present. She knew what was happening, in all of her times of being through this same loop of seeing her death, she had learned to focus on the finer details, hoping to piece them together. Every time she had seen it before, it had been a series of flashing images in her mind, never a clear vision. The brunette had picked up a some of the details; how she'd been wearing her hair, what she was wearing, the shade of scarlet red nail polish on her fingers, a color that Allison had picked out for her two weeks ago, taunting her for each of those weeks as she waited for it to happen to her.

She knew how she died. A ninjato to her stomach, forced by one of the Oni. She knew how it felt, all of the pain that would wash over her as it tore through her flesh. She knew who. Void and his Oni. Why. To save Lydia from him. To put an end to Void. But what her mind had kept hidden was the direst parts. The when and where.

That was until now. She knew from the get-go that there was something different about it, it felt more real as if she was actually living through it, not just seeing it as an event in the future. Kins looked around her, all of the things that she had never seen before, the where. As she looked, it didn't seem familiar, she hadn't seen this place before, but for some reason, its name rang a bell to her. Oak Creek. Kinsey stood before a set of tall steel gates reading those words, a chill down her spine, the same kind of nausea that Eichen House provided her with. This place had been a grave to more than just her, she could feel it in her bones, bad things had happened here.

The brunette dared to push open the metal gates, the cold stinging her plans as the sound of the metal scraping across the ground filled her ears, like nails on a chalkboard. She looked up, a wall made of concrete, towering over her head making her feel as small as a mouse. Just like she had the details about herself, she tried to remember the details about this place, preparing herself in the only way she could. It was as Kinsey stood in the middle of Oak Creek that things had started to appear around her, finally allowing her to see the full picture. Out of nowhere, her friends had appeared, the Oni with them, all fighting against one another. Kira was on her own, fighting Oni off with her katana. Isaac was too standing alone, transformed as he swung his claws at them. It was only as she turned around that she found Allison right, her bow raised, shooting them each at the Oni surrounding Isaac as the Oni's ninjatos slashed through the flesh of his chest.

Kinsey looked down at her hands, Chinese ring daggers in either one of them. The four of them hadn't just stumbled upon this place, facing another unplanned attack from the Oni, they had come here with a purpose. The brunette paused for a moment, watching the fight around her as she considered watching it play out, seeing her death to its full extent, or to search for why they were here, hoping to give herself an advantage when she lived through the real thing. Perhaps it would be the thing that saved them.