𝐥𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. superposition

INHERITANCE

chapter eighty-two ; superposition
[ season six - episode two ]

chapter eighty-two ; superposition[ season six - episode two ]

You know me?

His voice echoed inside of her head as she lay staring at her ceiling. A violent downpour sounded from outside, tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth as the walls closed in. I know you. California had had its moments of rain since she came here, but nothing like what she experienced tonight. It kept going and going. Going and going. But everyone else is forgetting.

She had spent hours watching the rain swirl around outside, eventually, it grew tiresome. In the hopes she would be able to stop thinking about the boy in her head, she lay down, hoping that it would soothe her to sleep. So far, she had had no luck. If it wasn't the heavy showers leaving her staring at the ceiling, it was the squeaking bed she could hear from next door. And trains. Kinsey hadn't even realized until tonight that the apartment was near a train station. 

Don't try to scream. They'll take you too. 

Her heart thudded in her chest as she recalled it. Running across the parking lot. The fatal pause between getting in the car, and him being taken. She felt insane. Perhaps she was insane. Was it a figment of her imagination? Nobody else had heard of him. Admittedly, he even had a slightly odd name. But it couldn't be fake, right? She couldn't have imagined all of those intricate details of him. People didn't just disappear though. People didn't just forget that someone existed. She didn't talk to Isaac about it, for some reason, she had an incline not to go on about another boy to her boyfriend, even though they trusted each other, there was something about this boy. She couldn't talk about him like he was just any old boy.

I won't! I won't!

She could still feel the words echo through her hollow chest. The fear still pulsated through her body like she was still running across that parking lot. She still looked around for them, unable to see them, waiting for them to mystically appear like they had before. He was like a fog. He was there, and they weren't. As soon as the haze lifted, she saw those masked ghouls staring at her like they yearned for her soul.

Find a way to remember me. Just remember. Remember.

The room around her began to rattle. Jolting upright, her one hand strewed through her brown hair, the other gripping into her chest as the golden light of a train shone through her windows, honking its horn loudly. Her eyes screwed shut, her teeth gritted together as she grabbed onto the bed, waiting for the noise to pass. When it did, the sound of a door creaking caused her to open her eyes again, seeing Isaac standing breathlessly in the doorway.