𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓 , the overlooked

the overlooked

the overlooked

Scott kneeled in front of a weak Lydia, his hand cupping hers as she took all the pain he could from the girl as she looked down at him with glass eyes, apologizing for what she had done, or in her perspective, what she hadn't done. She, nor anyone other than Jennifer Blake was the one to blame for another philosopher being sacrificed and the sheriff being taken, contrary to Lydia's own belief. She still felt immense guilt inside her, even after being on the brink of death with a blade and garrote to her throat, she felt as though she could have done more to stop it. She still felt as though she was to blame for tonight because that thing she had inside of her hadn't come at a prompt time, now, another person was dead, one missing.

"Where is she?" Isaac asked as he barged through the door along with Chris, Allison, and a string of EMTs and deputies that Chris had managed to collect from outside of the auditorium to tend to the aid of his niece and Lydia, though as they walked into the room, only one of the girls were sat in front of Scott. Kinsey was nowhere to be seen, as a matter of fact, neither was Stiles.

For the short amount of time that the three of them had had, the plan was well thought out by the brunette huntress, she had been clear about her demands as Scott and Stiles released her and the redhead from the restraints Jennifer had put them in. At least one of them had to stay until Allison had arrived to make sure that Lydia got the medical attention that she needed, the attention that, frankly, both of them needed, but it wasn't an option for her. Scott had been the one to volunteer himself for staying with Lydia and wait for Allison to arrive with Chris and Isaac, he knew that Kinsey couldn't wait for the three to arrive, and not just because it was them in a race against time and Jennifer. If either of the three they were waiting for heard what she'd just been through there was no chance of them letting her go. So while Scott sat with Lydia, waiting for them, Stiles and Kinsey began the drive to Derek's loft, hoping that the wolf wouldn't be far behind them, first, he had to make a pit stop to the animal clinic. Kinsey knew that her word wouldn't be enough to convince Derek, they needed concrete evidence, she hoped that Deaton would know just the thing to help them.

As Allison, Chris and the help they had brought along rushed to Lydia's aid Scott pulled Isaac aside to explain the plan to him, he knew he wasn't going to be happy about it, frankly, neither he nor Stiles had been thrilled with it either. But they hadn't had much other choice in the matter. Certainly not when Kinsey was the one pulling the strings.

"She's with Stiles. They're on the way to Derek's loft." Scott muttered, his eyes on Lydia as the EMT shone a light in her eyes, checking her vitals before they transferred her to a hospital. "Miss Blake is the Darach, she took the Sheriff. with her."

"That scream I heard, it was Kinsey, wasn't it?" Isaac questioned the wolf, to which he nodded. "And you still let her go? Is she okay? Is she hurt?"

An uneasy looked passed over Scott's face, he couldn't lie to him. Isaac would know, he would only have to listen to his heart skip a beat to know that Kinsey wasn't exactly in perfect shape. The friction from the tape had marked her wrists, her hair was clumped with blood from being hit over the head by Jennifer, and frankly, she was shaken up after almost being murdered by a woman who was just her English teacher this afternoon, now she was a Dark Druid. Instead, despite his best interests, Scott listed all of the injuries that the brunette girl had sustained as well as telling him the conditions that she had made before she left, most of which consisted of him not allowing Isaac to come following her, nor her family. No more people could get hurt tonight, if she could have it her own way, she would be alone. Stiles would be looking for his father and Scott would be able to stay with Lydia to make sure she was fine. As for Isaac, Allison, and Chris, in an ideal world, the three of them would be back at the apartment trying to figure out a way to stop it. Chris clearly had an act for knowing where the Darach would strike next.