𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 , raving

raving

raving

"You agreed to a date with Matt Daehler?"

"No." Kinsey shook her head strongly. "I accidentally agreed to a date with Matt Daehler."

Stiles and the brunette girl sat back in the Jeep, her feet up on the dashboard as she looked at the boy in the passenger seat, the two laughing away, parked up in the drive-thru of the local burger place. Sheriff Stilinski had invited Kinsey round for dinner, telling his son that he wanted to get to know the girl better, simply because he had presumed the two of them were dating since they'd got awfully close lately. What else was he supposed to think? Though Stiles hadn't been aware of his father's little presumption, he told Kinsey, and she agreed to attend. Originally, the dinner was supposed to be held at the Stilinski house with actually cooked food but after the Sheriff had been called into the station for an unexpected shift plans had changed. The Sheriff refused to cancel, it was the first time Stiles had agreed to ask her after weeks of pestering him, after all of that effort he refused to cancel at the risk of never getting him to agree again. Instead, he'd arranged for his son and Kinsey to come to his office instead and to bring burgers, a lot less formal than he had anticipated, but as long as he was still able to sit and talk with the two of them he was willing to alter his plans slightly.

While they had been waiting in the drive-thru Kinsey had decided it was a good time to tell him about the accidental date she agreed to go on with Matt Daehler considering it was tomorrow night, she had managed to ignore it up until now, subsiding the thought in her mind. It was her beloved cousin who pressured her into telling Stiles, claiming that it was only fair since she had been using him as her pretend boyfriend around her aunt and uncle. That, she couldn't disagree with, it was only fair that she told him. Besides, it was his fault that Matt thought she was into him in the first place, it all went back to that stupid bet the two of them had made before formal.

"So how does one accidentally agree to a date?"

"Stiles, if I knew that don't you think I wouldn't have done it?" Kinsey deadpanned. "I was trying to be a good backup for Allison so I just kept agreeing to everything he said and by the time I realized it was too late, he'd left and I'd agreed to a date."

"Was he the one leaving the creepy notes and poems in your locker?" The boy asked.

"How did you know about those?" Kinsey's face dropped as she turned to him. She hadn't told anyone about those notes apart from Isaac when she accused him, not even Allison knew about the notes that had been left inside of her locker. Partially, because she had forgotten about them, but also because she hadn't known who sent them so she didn't think it was necessary to bring it up. Despite all that he had somehow managed to find out about them.

"I have the combination to your locker, remember? You gave me it so I could get back the math book I gave you." Stiles began to explain, she could barely remember doing that after all of the things that had been going on, but she knew she had done it. She knew she'd had that book and told him to get it from her locker whenever he wanted to so that neither of them had to carry it around the school. "When I went and got it I saw the pile of notes. So... Was it him?"