𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 , the fox and the wolf

the fox and the wolf

Hands dug into their jacket pockets the two teenage brunettes approached the Sheriff Station, for once, in broad daylight without a heist planned, though that did not make their trip entirely innocent. Collecting Derek and Chris now that they had been released gave Kinsey the perfect opportunity to do something she had been meaning to do for the past two nights, since leaving the hospital from visiting Isaac with a new outlook on life. She hoped to retrieve answers on his behalf, to get to the bottom of the theory he had talked about when she had paid a visit into the wolf's mind, something that was becoming a Kinsey Argent specialty. 

She didn't care how absurd Isaac's theory was, she was determined to see if it was impossible, it was the least she could do for him while he lay couped up in a hospital bed, suffering in his mind where he had been alone for a week, unable to talk to anyone or to know all of the things that his girlfriend was going through without him. 

Kinsey had told Allison of her insane plan to get answers, and it was exactly that, insane. Allison could hardly believe what she was listening to, every single word that had come out of the other girl's mouth was a complete absurdity. From beginning to end, from the theory itself to what her cousin planned to do about it. Out of all the things that the two of them had been through, this had to be where the line was drawn. Even something like this had to be impossible. 

Part of Kinsey thought the same, but she wanted to be proven wrong. She wanted to be able to do one last thing for Isaac, so that maybe if she didn't make it until he woke up, she'd still done something for him before she left so that even if she did have to leave him, he'd know that she cared, that she always would. 

The beeping of monitors acted as a soft lullaby in her ears as the brunette rested her head on the sheets of her boyfriend's hospital bed, her spine bent in an uncomfortable position that she was sure to feel when she finally returned to a normal posture, unlike the one she had been sitting in for the previous two days at his bedside, not even needing to move for a quick beverage or food, she'd been taken care of. Though she'd come to the hospital expecting nothing more than to sit outside of Isaac's hospital room, occasionally peering through the window, embracing the mere comfort of knowing that he was just behind those set of double doors.

Unlike her last visit, this time she had been granted access. Allowed to sit in the room for as long as she pleased. Frankly, it had taken long enough for the nurses to grow tired of seeing her face in the halls before they'd finally caved and allowed her in. But she didn't dare question the act of kindness, not when she knew that she could sit interrupted with Isaac.

Her hands were intertwined with his, acting as a sense of comfort to them both, in a time when words could not be shared, touch was one of the remaining forms of communication that they'd got left. That and the only other form of communication Kinsey knew possible to someone who was unconscious, by pushing into his mind, creating a sanctuary for the two of them inside of his subconsciousness where the two of them could be alone, where they could talk and act as if he wasn't laying in a hospital bed after an accident caused by the Nogitsune.