𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , codominance

codominance 

codominance 

In silence, Isaac followed the brunette girl into her bedroom, her uncle behind them as the pair continued to wallow in silence like they had the entire ride home. The young girl had held back her tears from the moment they left the residential home, staring out of the window as she tried to think of anything but the havoc that her grandfather might wreak now that he was healthy. It was hard not to contemplate the future, or lack thereof, when she knew what he was capable of, the things that he wanted. She doubted he had changed, his time in the residential home didn't change a thing, it only solidified what he yearned for, what he had always yearned for. Power.

It was clear there were a million things the girl wanted to say, but instead, she buried herself in her folded arms as she sat on the edge of the bed, refusing to speak them aloud, just in case her theories were right. She allowed them to sit heavily on her chest, she couldn't talk about them, she didn't have the energy. She was exhausted, and not because she had spent most of the day tackling a Soviet soldier, no, she was emotionally exhausted, mentally too. Once again she had reached widths end, unsure how much she could take before it all became too much for her and the weight crushed her. 

He continued the silence as he sat down beside her, a hand on her thigh as he looked around the room, taking in all that he had left behind, reminded of every memory he had created here while Kinsey continued to think about her grandfather and all of the things she could have left behind if only things happened the way they were supposed to. She'd always tried not to pay too much thought to it, she knew that things couldn't change now, but with the surprise of her grandfather she couldn't help it. She had hoped it would rot and die in that residential home, but now it was clear that it would never happen, and if he were the man she knew, they would come to regret it, and she only had herself to blame.

She saw how he looked at her, like she was a piece of meat, nothing more than the power inside of her veins. A way to place him on a pedestal that he always aimed to be on, raising him up as he crushed her beneath him. Just like he had tried to do with his own wife.

Her head raised, looking down the long corridor to the man at the front door, her uncle standing with his head bowed as he too regretted the decision they made. He too felt the nausea she did, the image of his father and the way he looked at Kinsey stuck in his mind, worried that if he ever had the chance to lay a hand on her it would bring the same fate as it had to Gerard's own wife, his mother. If history truly had a habit of repeating itself. The things that his father might do for the power he aimed to gain made the hunter's stomach turn. 

"Do you think I made a mistake?" Kinsey mumbled, turning to the werewolf who looked at her with a furrowed brow. "Asking Chris to give Gerard what he wanted just so we could get some answers? Am I going to regret it?" She asked with a tremble in her voice, the fear in her eyes the worst he had ever seen it.