𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 , 117

117

117

Rain poured down heavily on Beacon Hills, a vast difference from the weather in Mexico, the ride home had been long, tiring, and cramped with six teenagers and a regressed Derek Hale under a single roof, a Jeep that struggled to fit four people, let alone seven of them. Everyone had made their fair share of complaints during the ride home, it filled the silence of them questioning what had happened to Derek, how something like this was even possible, the topic of the young wolf had managed to take the attention off Kate Argent for a while, but neither of the topics were the ideal conversation for Kinsey, who ended up being affected no matter what. 

Lydia had made a point of repeating the suggestion she had made before they left for Mexico, for them to take another car to avoid situations just like this one, only now could Stiles see why she said it. The regressed, unconscious teenage Derek had had to lie across the laps of Lydia, the girl who complained the most about it, and a very confused Malia and Kira who were too shocked to ask any questions this time around. This time, they knew that the other four didn't have the kind of answers they did when it came to Kate, this was just as new for them. The other teenagers all cramped into the front of the Jeep, Stiles had allowed Scott to take over on the driving, both for him to get a break from such a long weekend of driving, but so that Kinsey was able to sit on the lap of the boy she was dating rather than her werewolf best friend. Simply because she'd refused to let anyone put her unconscious cousin in the trunk of the car, he looked like he'd already been through a rough time these past few weeks. And if their driving situation wasn't already illegal, it would be if they were pulled over and found with an unconscious teenage boy in their trunk. 

They had taken Malia and Kira home before heading to the animal clinic, they'd called Deaton as soon as they passed the border, possibly the only person who would know how to deal with this kind of situation. Kinsey had given him a run-down of what had happened while they were in the small Mexican town, but even then, nothing had prepared the man for when they rushed into his clinic on this rainy night. Deaton cleared off the table as Scott lay him down on it, Derek lay there wrapped in Kinsey's jacket, the best thing anyone had been able to provide the regressed wolf, it wasn't exactly how they expected to find Derek, they didn't realize a blanket would be required.

Deaton looked mortified as he stared down at the young wolf on his table, a face that matched a pair of girls standing on the opposite side of the table. Kinsey's face had looked mortified since it was revealed that her mother was alive, only worsening when she saw what happened to Derek, because of her mother nonetheless. 

"Wow," Deaton muttered in shock. 

"Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," kind of wow?" Stiles had frantically asked the man. "'Cause that's the kind of wow we're hoping for."