𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 , dark moon

dark moon

dark moon

Malia Tate could remember what it used to be like to get a full night's sleep, an undisturbed one, a time where she could draw her curtains shut and curl in her covers knowing that the next time she opened her arms the sun would be out and it would be a new day. At least that was how she used to know life. 

And then, she joined the McCall Pack. Sleep was a thing of the past. She had only been a part of the pack a couple of weeks, since she had been enrolled at Beacon Hills High School and Lydia Martin, one of the girls who had helped to save her had approached her, asking if she wanted to sit with them at lunch. Them being her and a girl called Kira. She didn't remember the other girl from the afternoon she had been turned back into a human, but she tried to be civilized, at least that was the advice Kinsey Argent had given her the last time the two of them spoke when she'd first found out she would be enrolling into high school. Malia hadn't spoken to Kinsey since that day, so naturally, when she had recognized Lydia Martin, she had asked where the brunette girl was, why she hadn't seen her at school. 

It was then Malia Tate received some answers to questions that she'd had since her short stay at Eichen House, revolving around Stiles and the Nogistune who had possessed him. That was over now, but it had come at a price, as Lydia and Kira informed her. Allison, a girl who had taken her in for a night, and provided her shelter, clothes, and warmth, had died. She knew how much she had meant to Allison, then, it had become clear that her death was the reason that she wasn't in school. At that point, it had only been a week since Allison's death. Kinsey wasn't ready to come back to school so soon. Frankly, neither were Lydia or Kira, but to them, it was a distraction from the great loss that they had suffered. 

On her first day, Malia had already been signed up for track by Coach Finstock, he had told Malia how much the team captain would love her, that Malia would have to work hard to impress the team captain. At first, Malia's lip had curled at the thought, she wasn't a people pleaser, and she never would be. She didn't have the people skills to be one. And then Finstock told her who the team captain was, and for Malia, that seemed like an opportunity. She'd asked the man if she'd be able to take the team captain's phone number, to text her, ask for some one-on-one classes before the real practices began. Seeing no wrong in handing out other students' numbers, he'd agreed. He didn't think his team captain, Kinsey Argent, would mind. 

Her lunch spent with Lydia and Kira had been what started the talk of Malia joining the pack, it was the exchange of phone numbers that solidified it. Kinsey had jumped on the idea of adding Malia to the pack, helping her to control her transformations, just like Stiles had promised her in Eichen. It was the distraction that Kinsey needed from Allison's death. From her break-up.

It was in those early days of being in the pack Malia had learned that there was no such thing as a full night's sleep anymore. There was no longer a simplicity in sleep, no, she had learned that in Kinsey's personal BootCamp for her, where she tried to measure how good Malia would be as a packmate, whether she deserved the title. Frankly, Kinsey knew that Malia would be a part of the pack no matter the outcome of her "tests", she just enjoyed watching the werecoyote losing her patience with all of the nonsense tasks she provided her. Like helping her move into Lydia's spare room, her new home, once again.