𝒕𝒆𝒏 , co-captain

co-captain

co-captain

Allison had spent the night tossing and turning, unable to settle. Even after asking Kinsey to share the bed with her hoping that her presence would ease her, she couldn't sleep. Ironic since it was the one night Kinsey had managed to sleep, the comfort that Allison had hoped Kinsey would provide her she had actually provided to the other brunette. It took three hours of that same tossing and turning before she felt as though it was beginning to work, but that had been when she jumped up with the sudden thought as she placed her hand on her chest. Noticing the absence of her beloved family pendant. She didn't think to look at the time or even consider what she was doing before she shook Kinsey to wake her up, not even allowing time for her to open her eyes before jumping out of bed to search for the pendant on her desk. Rather than ask why she'd been woken up Kinsey simply sat up and looked at Allison's clock to see that it was 2:30 a.m. Not the time she'd hoped to be woken up. From the clock, her eyes traveled to Allison who was frantically looking under or inside every object on her unorganized desk before it had clicked what the other brunette might actually be looking for- the necklace Scott had stolen.

"Allison, what are you doing? It's two-thirty in the morning." She asked hoarsely.

"My pendant. I can't find it. Have you seen it?"

"Can this not wait until the morning when I'm in a better state to look."

"No." Allison deadpanned. "I can't go to sleep until I find it."

Kinsey groaned as she lay back down knowing that there wasn't a place in this entire house that Allison would find the necklace considering it was still in Scott's possession which meant she wouldn't be going back to sleep on the one night she had found it easy to. Instead, she'd be forced to search every crevice of this bedroom, her own bedroom, and the rest of the house before Allison had come to the terms that she had "lost" the gift Kate had given them. But she knew that if she didn't show even the slightest amount of concern it could throw Allison off so like her cousin Kinsey had to seem just as concerned for its whereabouts as she was.

"Could you have left it in the car?" Kinsey asked, hoping that she wouldn't suggest to come and look with her because she wouldn't want to walk through the big dark house alone.

"No, can you come with me?"

But she should have known better than to suggest that and think Allison wouldn't ask for her assistance. With a groan Kinsey climbed out of bed, grabbing one of her cousin's hoodies that had been thrown over her desk chair before following her towards the garage. Unlike how Allison hadn't cared about being quiet when searching the bedroom she'd chosen a more quiet approach as they tip-toed through the house careful not to wake the three adults that lived with them. If Victoria knew they'd woken up at this time just for a necklace neither would ever hear the end of her lecture, those piercing blue eyes would stare into their souls for eternity. The two got in either side of the car searching their half for the pendant, obviously, Allison's search had been a lot more vigorous than the girl who knew she was looking for nothing. Both of them froze at the sound of the garage door opening behind them, giving each other an uneasy look as they quickly and quietly shut their car doors and sunk down in their seats just in time for Chris and Kate to walk into the garage with those black duffel bags once again. Allison looked at Kinsey as she placed a finger over her mouth warning the girl to be quiet as they eavesdropped.