𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 , weaponized

weaponized

weaponized

A hot cup of coffee warmed up her shaking hands as they gathered around the breakfast bar, her hair still thrown up, she was barely awake after crawling out of bed all of five minutes ago, and a bomb had already been dropped into her lap. An undetonated bomb, a bomb nonetheless. Just because she knew it was coming, it didn't make hearing it any easier for her. It was too early for her to be thinking about such complex things, she needed all the brain power she had today, all the smarts she could get, it shouldn't have been wasted on this, something she hoped would be insignificant in the future. Perhaps one day she wouldn't even bat an eyelid at it.

For now, that wasn't the case. Four people gathered around the girl; her uncle, Scott, Stiles, and Malia, who had stayed at the apartment with her and Chris after quite the eventful night. For her father's safety and the sake of keeping him unbeknownst to what she was, it was best that Malia stayed here every time that she found herself wrapped up in more supernatural trouble. And the apartment had become quite the sanctuary for the Tate girl over past months, she felt safe here. 

They all watched Kinsey, waiting for her to speak after she had been filled in on their individual nights, it appeared they'd all had an eventful night. From Malia finding almost an entire pack in the woods, dead, to cracking cipher keys and finding out that they might have just driven a girl to suicide. They'd all shared very different experiences last night, but it was safe to say that they were all left with a lot to think about today. Of course, amongst the five of them, secrets were as strife as ever. Scott and Stiles kept this secret, another one, this one was to do with the bag full of money hiding beneath the werewolf's bed. Five hundred thousand dollars. Garret and Violet's money, or if they were being technical about it, Peter's money, earned by killing people from the Deadpool. Neither of the boys quite knew what to do with the money, to give it back to the Hale, to keep it, or to even dump it and act as if they'd never seen it or the tape that accompanied it. It was something they wanted to talk to Kinsey about, eventually, but right now, it was triumphed by the return of Kate Argent. Her official return, and boy had she come back with a bang.

"So you... You saw her." The brunette mumbled as she looked at the liquid inside of her cup. Her uncle nodded as she looked up at him, her head bowing as soon as she had her answer. "Well, at least I know I'm not hallucinating again. She's really back this time." The girl said lowly, maybe it was obvious to the rest of them that she was back after she'd kidnapped Derek, but today Kinsey had still been holding out hope, a mix-up perhaps, someone who just resembled Kate and had a thirst for death like her mother did. But no, she had been fooling herself, too scared to admit the woman was back, and she was doing what she did best- wreak havoc on her daughter's life. 

"Hey, don't worry about it for today." Chris tried to tell the girl, his hand on her shoulder. He had known it was a stupid idea to tell her today of all days, but he didn't want to keep secrets from a girl who already had almost everyone she loved hiding something from her. He knew she hated all of the lies and secrets, if she knew just how many were being told and kept, she would never talk to them again.  "Focus on the PSATs. That's your future. Not Kate."