𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 , motel california

motel california

motel california

Fairvale, California. A quaint town full of mystery.
In some ways, it was much like their home of Beacon Hills. And in others, it was Beacon Hills' worst nightmare. Greenery ran dry in this town, roads were bare and winding, for miles there was nothing but open road and the occasional cactus proving that they weren't in fact in some kind of mirage caused by the irregular heat. It was never anyone's intention to stay in Fairvale, or even visit it for that matter, it had nothing to offer, but everyone who was unfortunate enough to find themselves in the town all left it with the same purpose, to never return, some, the poorest unfortunate souls, never got to leave at all.

Three more hellish hours had been spent on the steel can that Coach had the nerve to call a bus, tallying the total time that they had all been sitting on the unbearably uncomfortable seats to eight hours. When the seven-hour mark was hit was when Coach made the announcement that the cross-country meet had been postponed until the following morning. Within the next hour, Coach had called every motel in a somewhat close vicinity looking for a place that would take 32 teenagers on such short notice, of course, it wasn't an easy task. Despite the soul purpose for all of them being on the bus in the first place having been postponed, none of the teenagers cared, if anything, they were thrilled. After the rough day they had all had everyone just wanted to rest and be far away from Jared who was yet again on the border of vomiting.

Though Scott's wound had finally begun to heal he was in no state to participate in the cross-country meet, tomorrow, they all hoped he would be fine and back to his usual self, but now, the best thing for him was to sleep the past two days off. Stiles had spent the previous two hours on the bus complaining about his lack of feeling in his butt and how his stomach was consistently grumbling with hunger, much to the dismay of the girls who sat around him. Occasionally, he'd throw in some talk about the sacrifices, after her nap Kinsey finally felt prepared to hear him out, she regretted it afterward of course, but she agreed to hear him out.

By the time they had all pulled into the parking lot of Glen Capri they were all a lot more irritable than they usually found themselves, they were parched, starved, and well, they all had begun to lack feeling in their butts no matter how many times they shifted in their seats. Kinsey stared out of the window, looking at the sign for Glen Capri, something so simple had made her heart drop in her stomach. She immediately looked at the redhead who sat in front of her and Stiles. Lydia shared the same weary look as her brunette best friend, both of them were uncomfortable with the place they had just arrived at, something wasn't right about it. The feeling that it gave them, the lump that it formed in their throats. Kinsey had hoped that she would find comfort when she looked at Lydia, instead, her feelings only worsened.

One by one the five stepped off of the bus at the rundown building in front of them, they could imagine that in its prime, probably 100 years ago, it would have been a beautiful place to stay, now... not so much. Varying thoughts crossed all of their minds. Besides the feeling of dread Lydia's main thought had been how much she wanted to shower and change out of her clothes, but she refused to even look at the showers in this place, no matter how disgusting she felt. For tonight, a simple change of clothes would have to suffice. Since Allison hadn't mentioned an overnight stay when dragging her on this little errand she didn't have her own change of clothes but she knew that she could steal something of Kinsey's. Allison had had a similar thought to the redhead, after being stuck in both the car and the bus for eight hours all she wanted to do was shower off the smell of Jared's vomit which she was sure had clung to her skin. Unlike Lydia she was willing to brave the showers at Glen Capri, and she had been prepared for an overnight stay.