𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 , battlefield

battlefield

battlefield

The brunette girl sat in the locker room beside Stiles, surrounded by lacrosse players gearing themselves up for the big game. But between the two, there was nothing but silence. Something that the two had become quite accustomed to, and even more so since their updated status of housemates. Most of the time, not a word needed to be spoken between them before them to know how the other felt. And tonight was no different, the two knew something wasn't right, it was in the air. Not the musty smell of sweaty jocks. But a tension that only ever happened when something bad happened to them. For Kinsey, that feeling in the air was accompanied by one in her stomach, it was unshiftable. It practically yelled at her, telling her that something was going to happen tonight. What? She wasn't sure. But it was coming.

It couldn't have been a coincidence that this feeling made itself known to her not long after she had found out that Jackson would be playing in tonight's game, it was as if the feeling inside of her was talking to her, telling her that he was the problem.

She'd entered the locker room with the intention of figuring out a plan with Scott and Stiles before she dared to let either of them on the field. She didn't care how many times Coach had told her to get out of the locker room, even before tonight. It wasn't as though she would ever listen to him, she was surprised he didn't know that by now. The man yelling at her to get out of his locker room had almost become the foundation of their banter-based relationship. Right now, figuring out what was going on with Scott and Stiles was much more important to her than listening to Coach, no matter how much she respected the man and his bizarre mind. Some may think the girl was being dramatic about the feeling she felt in her stomach, paranoid even. But if recent events had taught her anything it was not to ignore those feelings anymore. If Jackson was playing tonight it wasn't because he was a lacrosse enthusiast or one of the co-captains, things weren't that simple. He wasn't just a teenage boy with a love for supports anymore, he was a pawn in a game bigger than any of them could have ever imagined. They all were and nothing could change that now.

The brunette looked across the room at Scott as he sat alone, his elbows resting on his knees. Since sitting in the locker room she hadn't spoken to the wolf, she hadn't since Isaac had left them both stood in the animal clinic after dropping two bombs on them. The first; Jackson, and the second; that he would be leaving tonight.

Kinsey didn't know why she was expecting a goodbye, or why she even cared that she hadn't gotten one, but she did care. And she hated herself for caring. It was Isaac, just Isaac.

She noticed as Scott's face changed, his ears perking up as he turned his head to the side. She could tell he was listening to something or someone. He always had a distinctive expression whenever he was trying to eavesdrop, and this was that face. Kinsey watched and waited for his face to tell her something else, maybe he was just trying to get the latest gossip on the lacrosse team because she knew that between all of these jocks one of them had to at least have some good things to talk about. Her confidence hadn't been boosted when she had seen his face drop, a look of fear in his eyes as he turned to look at her. Whatever he had heard, it wasn't good.