𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 , fireflies

fireflies

fireflies

Crowded around the table in Derek's loft the pack reunited.
For the past twenty-four hours, they had all been split into separate teams to figure out a plan on how exactly to break into a bank vault that was being guarded by a pack of Alphas. It was decided that after all of the tension that had been built up in the clinic after Kinsey had come out of the trance-like state yelling that Erica was the dead that they would all work better apart, in a space where they could clear their heads. And hopefully, without any more arguments.

Scott and Stiles volunteered themselves as the first pair. With a few quick clicks on the internet Stiles had found out that someone had once broken into the vault before, but ironically, details were sparse on how he had done it. That had created a task for the two of them. They'd spend all night searching through the internet and news articles hoping for a mention of how exactly the vault had been broken into before, hoping that they would be able to take the same route. Derek headed back to the loft where he'd be meeting Peter, they needed all the manpower that they could get, or at least his devious mind considering he wasn't the strong Alpha he used to be before they all killed him. But with that maleficent mind of his, he had to have a few tricks down that V-neck of his.

That left two people to work in a pair with one another. Considering one of them was a hunter, they had been given the task of creating a plan of how to fight an Alpha pack of Alphas. Though both of them were banned from taking part in the fight itself. Isaac was out of commission after he had gotten out of the hospital just two days ago, and well, he almost died tonight. For Kinsey, there was no argument that she wouldn't be involved in the fight. She was somewhat human, and after seeing her eyes turn white as she dived into Isaac's mind, they thought it was safe to say that she wouldn't quite be up to her usual huntress tricks. Kinsey didn't feel as though she needed the rest, but she hadn't been given a choice in the matter. While they all fight she would be waiting on the sidelines at the loft with Peter, Isaac, and Stiles hoping that whatever plan they all created would work and by the end of the night Boyd and Erica would be safe and alive.

Before the groups had all dispersed from the clinic Scott had pulled aside Kinsey to ask whether she was sure she could work with Isaac, he still wasn't quite sure whether the two got along now or if they were simply being civilized with one another for the sake of Derek, her cousin, and his Alpha. Not only was he unsure of their relationship with one another, but after he had somehow pulled her into his mind he didn't want the girl to feel nervous around him and pressured to talk about however it had happened, which none of them knew yet. They were putting it on hold, at least until Erica and Boyd had been rescued from the vault. Kinsey had looked at the tall wolf that stood in the doorway waiting for her to finish her conversation with Scott, considering if she could work with him or if she would be better off working alone, shoving him on Derek. She thought about the times before they were in some kind of complicated friends with benefits situation when they had just been two people with a mutual interest; finding Erica and Boyd. Back then they had worked well together, they were never at each other's throats, they always seemed to agree on a plan, listening to each other's suggestions. Surely they could still do that now, even if their relationship with one another had changed a lot since then.