𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 , shape shifted

shape shifted

shape shifted

"You really don't remember anything?"

"They called it a fugue state, which is basically a way of saying, "we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days" But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds." Lydia beamed as she gestured towards her figure that she'd chosen to show off with a tight plum-colored dress for her first day back since she went missing. It had only been two days since Stiles and his dad had found her wandering out of the woods, still completely naked and dithering from the coldest night of the year so far. Both Kinsey and Allison objected to the idea of her returning to school so soon, especially after their experience with people in the past few days, if everyone had something to say about them and Kate they were bound to have something to say about Lydia and how she'd decided to run around naked for forty-eight hours.

"Are you ready for this?" Kinsey asked as the three of them stopped outside of the school doors even if Lydia had a moment of doubt the two Argents were prepared to spin her back around, get in the car and take her home where she really should be right now with both her state of mind and the yet to heal bite on her side. Nobody had actually explained to her yet what that bite on her side meant for her, but then none of them quite knew either, she certainly wasn't a werewolf. But they didn't know what else she could be.

"Please. It's not like I'm related to a serial killer." Lydia deadpanned before strutting into the school leaving both Allison and Kinsey still stood outside, looking at one another completely stunned. Not just for the fact that their redhead best friend had been so abrupt in her words but the fact even she, a girl who'd been missing for two days, knew about what Kate had done.

The two girls shook her comment off as they followed her into the school where the entire hallway had frozen to take a look at the redhead. An odd whisper would escape the otherwise standstill crowd, what hadn't helped her situation was the two she'd walked in with. Lydia couldn't have chosen two worse girls to stand beside on her first day back, now all three of them would be the talk of not only the high school but the entire town. Kinsey and Allison both looked to see Lydia was completely stunned, her eyes wide with terror as she scanned all the faces looking back at her, some she recognized as people in her classes or just in sophomore year. But her humiliation wasn't just open to sophomores, it was open to every single grade that this school had, it didn't matter if they were a freshman or a senior, they were staring at the three girls who were the topic of almost every conversation that had happened the past week.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds," Allison suggested as she whispered to the redhead.

"They're just admiring," Kinsey added to boost her confidence a little more. Lydia nodded in agreement as she took a deep breath, with a flick of her hair she was strutting down the hallway barging through those who had stared at her while the two Argents followed with a bright smile. Kinsey walked the two to their class, warning Allison once again to look after their best friend before she headed to the field to watch the lacrosse practice for her free period, rather than staying at home in bed like most people whose first class was a free period Kinsey had refused not to walk Lydia to class, she knew there was a chance she'd want to turn around and go home once she'd seen those stares but she should have also known Lydia was too strong to let those stares scare her away from anything. Lydia was a lot stronger than that. Stronger than her. When she arrived at the field Scott and Stiles were already on the bench waiting for the practice to begin, both of them seemingly in a serious conversation as she skipped over, squeezing herself in between the two boys as she wrapped her arms around their shoulders. "What's going on?"