02

A soft knock is heard at Jungkook's door and to his surprise, it's his best friend, Jimin, came to drop by. "Heard the news about Y/N," Jimin wiggles his eyebrows teasingly, then taking a seat in front of him. "Everyone's jealous that you're working with her and that she's working with you," Jimin announced which only makes Jungkook shrug.

He couldn't care less about what the firm was thinking . "Why are you telling me this?" 

Jimin looks absolutely baffled that he hasn't caught on. "Bro, there's literally so much sexual tension between you two. It's a good thing your dad made you work together," Jimin teases him. Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"I would rather throw dirt in my eyes than fuck her."

****

Y/N slumps into her seat, having bumped into a few more people on her way back to her office. Everyone was buzzing about her working with Jungkook.

But why?

Everyone knew they were arch enemies. She was in for a hell of a few weeks with Jungkook and she was dreading it. "I need to suck up my hatred for him and just deal with it," she repeats to herself, hoping it would give her the right mindset to successfully win the case with him.

****

The day comes to night and of course, Y/N and Jungkook were the only ones at the firm working overnight. There was a reason why the two were the best attorneys in the industry.

Jungkook rises from his chair with a longed stretch before making his way to Y/N's office.

He doesn't even knock when he enters, but he did bring a donut and coffee for her. "Have you looked at the case yet? It's a lot of information," Jungkook sits in front of her with his feet propped up on her desk.

Her eyes lit up at the sight of the coffee. She takes a sip and sighs, "Thanks, I needed that. And yes, I've looked over the details and uh, yeah, probably the hardest case I've gotten yet." She slides the sheet of picture evidence to Jungkook. "So what team are we? Defence or Prosecution?" She wanted to hear what he thought first, before sharing her own thoughts. "Wow, this coffee is really good, is it from the firm?"

"No, I went out and got some for us," he says as he loosens up his tie before he slips it off. He grabs the sheet off of her desk looking fully at every detail. "Easy, we're defence," Jungkook decides with no hesitation.

He looked through most of the paperwork already and defence made the most sense for them to take. "I talked with Jimin about it earlier and he agrees that Defence is better," he adds.

That wasn't all he and Jimin spoke about. Jungkook even tried to get Jimin to spill on who was planning to take Y/N on a date and ended up with teases and no answer. 

"So who were you going on a date with this weekend?"

"Oh, I don't know if you know him, but his name is Jung Hoseok, he's under the same company as us, but he's the boss of the sales team, like how your father is in charge of this law firm," she explains.

Why was Jungkook curious anyway?

She begins to skim through the information again and take short notes. "And really? Defence? I was thinking prosecution would be an easy win for us," she shrugs, tapping the tip of her pen against the desk repeatedly. "I think it's quite clear the father killed his baby.."

"There's not enough evidence for that claim," Jungkook argues. His belief goes without any question to if he is right or not. He was raised to think that he would always be right no matter what. Y/N was quite a new change for him. 

"Let's take the easy way out and go for the defense," he ends it at that.

His mind was nowhere near the case right now, but only focused on Y/N's date.

When did she start dating Jung Hoseok?

Jungkook thought he was way better than him anyway, but there was a sense of jealousy involved. "I know Hoseok. He's not really fit to be a boss."

"I would be putting up a fight right now but it's really late and we both know we haven't got the energy for it," She sighs, leaning back against her seat. "And you gotta know Hoseok before making assumptions about him. He's quite good with authority, he has clear control of his team and he's always meeting targets. Not to mention, he's such an outgoing person."

Ouch.

Y/N continues to boast about him, not realising the effect it had on Jungkook. "But, I shouldn't mix in personal relationships with work, so our relationship is at the minimum."

Jungkook should've kept his curiosity inside. He bites back his egotistical remark and leaves the conversation at that. "Anyways, for the case. Let's go Defence and easily win the case. Simple," he states as if it was the most logical thing in the world.

His stance against her couch doesn't make it easier too. He lays fully onto the couch with his feet propped up, looking lazily at the files.

"Do you know how to cook?" He asks suddenly, "You should make a meal for us this weekend. For brain juice or whatever."

wc: 897