40

A few days turned into a few weeks, and the pair didn't cross paths once. They completed case work on their own, simply opting to email each other information regarding it rather than physically being in each other's presence.

Y/N spent her free time with Jennie, and every now and then, with Hoseok, but Jungkook still infiltrated her mind.

Jungkook however, stayed solely focused on work, hoping it would get his mind off Y/N, and it never did.

He stayed in his office with his door closed and continues to work by himself. His attention drifts elsewhere when he sees Y/N walking into the firm.

Hoseok was the first to notice, waving at her with the biggest grin on his face. "I left something special in your office!"

"Really? You didn't need to, Hoseok," she chuckles, trying to sound as humble as possible.

When she opened the door to her office, there lay a black box, not too big, not too small, a red ribbon wrapped around it. "What is it?" she asks, sitting behind her desk and Hoseok sitting opposite her.

"It's not much. It's just something to remind you of the all the time we've spent together," Hoseok smiles warmly.

She wasted no time on pulling on one end of the bow, untying it and opening the box. A beautiful diamond heart rested against the cushion in the box, the light of her office reflecting onto the diamond.

"Wow.." she says, the awe in her voice very obvious. "I love it, Hoseok.." she trails off, analysing the diamond in front of her, however, her mind was stuck on Jungkook.

She still loved him, and if she accepted this gift, it would just give Jungkook even more of a reason to stay mad at her, and she didn't want that.

"But I can't accept this gift. It must've cost you a fortune."

"It's nothing! I bought it just for you," Hoseok takes the necklace from her hands gently, clipping the necklace onto her neck. Hoseok didn't take no for an answer and he was sure Y/N knew that by the slight dominant behaviour he'd been showing recently.

"It looks great on you, Y/N! Please wear it often," his smiles brightens up the room.

As adoring as that smile may be, the hint of revenge against Jungkook was hidden underneath.

Maybe if Jungkook sees the necklace on her neck, he  would lose his cool again and lose the case for the company.

"Oh.. well thank you for it, its really pretty," she says giving him a small smile. She didn't know how Jungkook would react, but if he ever asked where the necklace came from, she'd explain and hopefully he'd listen to her.

"Right, well I should probably get back to working on this case. We gotta secure that win," she tries to be as enthusiastic as possible but the last few weeks haven't been that great for her. "I'll see you later?"

"Yeah! See you around," Hoseok grins, finally leaving Y/N's office. 

Walking through the firm, he makes brief eye contact with Jungkook and a devious smile comes to view.

"Asshole," Jungkook mumbles underneath his breath, going back to his work right after. The two of them plough through work for the next couple hours until something arrives at Y/N's office.

A bouquet of flowers sit outside her door with a handwritten note saying 'Sorry' with no name signed at the bottom.

She reads the note first, already guessing it was from Jungkook, and she couldn't help the little smile play up on her lips. It was nice to know he wasn't mad anymore and it also gave her the initiative to talk to him now.

Y/N picked up the bouquet of flowers, placing them  in a spare vase on her desk.

Maybe if they both spoke now, they could set a few things straight instead of dragging it on.

And so on that plan, Y/N left her office and made her way to Jungkook's. He had his door closed so she knocked carefully, hearing an audible 'come in' from his side of the door.

Jungkook's eyes lights up when he sees her walk through the door. "Hey..." Jungkook tries to act cool, but a small smile was creeping on his face. "Did you get my gift?" He asks, standing up from his seat to walk closer to her.

"I did.." she says softly, giving him a small smile."I love the flowers," she tries to lighten up the mood in the office, but it was hard when it was obvious what was going on between the pair.

"Are you okay?" she asks all of a sudden, walking towards him until they were both stood in the middle of his office. They both left each other on a bad note last night, the least she could do was ask how he was doing.

Y/N looked up at him, noticing the pain he was hiding, and she wanted nothing more than to just be in his embrace.

"Not really since we had that stupid fight," Jungkook chuckles nervously. "I really am sorry for acting like a jerk to you. You were right about everything," he opts to open his arms out to embrace Y/N, but he doesn't think the timing is right. She has yet to forgive him.

"I'm sorry for the shit I said too. I don't want to be strangers. I want to be your boyfriend."

"I appreciate the apology, but I should also apologise too. I shouldn't have gone out with Hoseok after we fought, I should've known it would've sparked several different assumptions from you."

Y/N gives him an apologetic smile, making the first move to hug him. She lets out a breath she didn't realised she had been holding as she relaxes into his arms.

"I think.. I love you, Jungkook.."

"I love you too, Y/N," Jungkook says rather confidently. He waited too long to finally say those  words to her and nothing was holding him back.

He lifts her chin up to him, leaning done to press his lips softly on hers. His hands  hold her gently against him, savoring every moment.

Finally being able to kiss him felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She didn't realise just how much she missed his affection and she was grateful for this moment.

Y/N pulled away from his lips hearing shuffling from behind her and looked towards the door, realising Jennie and Jimin were watching them with fondness. "I guess now we can finally go on that double date!" Jennie squeals, her arms locked with Jimin's.

Jimin guides Jennie away from the door, letting the two have their alone time.

wc: 1132