41

"So, about that double date Jimin is pressuring me to go on..." Jungkook chuckles a bit nervously. He didn't know why he was so shy now. "Do you still wanna go? I can always take you out on our own."

Y/N let's out a small laugh, "We have to go, no excuses. Jennie has been wanting to go for the last two months, but of course, things happened.." she says awkwardly, looking around his office. "Either way, we have to join them. I'm sure we can go on our own date another time," she shrugs, leaning her head against Jungkook's shoulder.

"Also we have a slight problem with Hoseok.." she says carefully, hoping not to evoke any hostile reactions from Jungkook. "I think he likes me, and I don't wanna tell him straight up that I don't like him the same way. You know I can't confront people."

The burning statement of 'I told you so' stays at the tip of Jungkook's tongue but he doesn't say much about it. He just made up with Y/N and he didn't want to make things worse.

"I'll deal with Hoseok so you won't have to. He won't bother you anymore," Jungkook says rather cooly, kissing her forehead right after. He spots the diamond necklace on her neck and suspects it came from Hoseok. "Are you going to give that back to him?"

"Ah.. the necklace.." she reaches her hands behind her neck, unclasping the necklace and handing it over to Jungkook. "You can give it back to him when you talk to him. Thanks," she blows him a kiss and walks past him towards the door. "And don't be rude or resort to violence when you talk to him please. I know what you're like, Jeon." Y/N gives him one last stern look before heading out the door.

"If you need me, I'll be in my office!" she shouts from the hallway, her voice fading with each step she took away from Jungkook's office.

Jungkook stands still in his office with the dumbest smile on his face. He finally found love again and it was of to a great start. Even though it was a bit rocky at first, he had a feeling Y/N would be his last relationship.

Jungkook holds the necklace in hand when he leaves to go to Hoseok's floor upstairs.

Like always, he doesn't knock when he enters and tosses the diamond necklace on his desk.

"She's not interested in you right now because of the case. Find someone else."

Jungkook almost startled Hoseok with the necklace, but he should've known Jungkook was gonna get to it somehow.

"Wow, you really have no manners, do you?" Hoseok taunts, picking up the necklace from his desk and letting it hang across his fingers. "Anyway, who are you to tell her who she can and can't be interested in? She's not your girlfriend," Hoseok says, standing up from his desk and walking towards Jungkook, his arms folded and a knowing smirk on his face.

"Doesn't matter if I'm her boyfriend or not. You're being fucking creepy by buying expensive things to make her like you," Jungkook rolls his eyes.

No wonder Y/N didn't want to confront Hoseok. Hoseok's personalities were like a light switch at this point.

"Take the hint and leave her alone. She's busy with the case and she has no time for your bullshit," Jungkook finishes off with an aggravated grit of his teeth.

"Fine," Hoseok responds simply, putting his hands up in defence. "I'll just wait until after the hearing to ask her out," he shrugs, knowing full well it would trigger Jungkook. "There shouldn't be an issue then, right? Besides, I'd treat her better than anyone here."

"Anyone can treat her better than you," Jungkook takes a step closer, challenging Hoseok. He already knew that Hoseok had a feeling about his relationship with Y/N, but it wasn't his business to intervene.

"You can try to ask her out after the case, but things may not go the way you want it to be. She may already have someone else in mind who's way better," Jungkook steps back until he finally leaves Hoseok's office.

Hoseok simply rolls his eyes, watching Jungkook walk out of his office. He picks up the necklace once again, tilting his head at the diamond. He couldn't let Jungkook get what he wanted. He needed to be quick with his actions if he wanted her.

In Y/N's office, her and Jennie were sat at her desk, discussing things for the double date.

"Do you want me to give you an outfit? I have like a ton-"

Y/N stops her, "You've done enough for me, Jen. Don't worry about me, I'll put an outfit together," she chuckles.

Jungkook bursts through Y/N's office once again, smiling sheepishly at her and Jennie. "Hoseok won't bother you anymore until the hearing. He might ask you out after, so we got to make it official before he gets to you first," Jungkook says rather casually as he plops down next to Jennie on the couch.

Jennie, however, was confused beyond words on why Jungkook talked with Hoseok.

"Oh and he took the necklace back, but he said some creepy shit too."

"Why were you even talking to Hoseok in the first place?" Jennie asks, raising a brow at Jungkook.

"Oh I forgot to tell you, he gave me a diamond necklace this morning.. I'm sure you can connect the dots from there," Y/N explains, eyeing Jungkook.

It wasn't long before Jimin came waltzing into her office. "The party is here!" he cheers, gesturing towards himself. After not getting any enthusiastic cheers from the other three, he sulks and makes his way over to the couch, sitting next to Jungkook.

"I managed to get Mr Jeon to let us leave early today. Don't ask how, I'm actually a bit traumatised."

"How did you do that? All for our double date?" Jungkook asks completely astonished by his friend. Even Jungkook didn't have the guts to ask his own father for a day off.

"I just said not to ask. It's gonna give me nightmares," Jimin's shudders making Jungkook hold back a chuckle.

"Anyway, let's talk about the double date. What are we doing and where are we going?" Jungkook asks.

wc: 1060