47

Y/N takes a seat opposite him, pulling out her laptop and all the case documents. With the hearing only two days away, the pair had no time to relax and mess about.

"Can you believe this is all coming to an end?" she whispers, her eyes scanning the load of files on the desk.

The pair had done a number of cases in the past, but this one was definitely the biggest case of the year, and losing wasn't an option for either of them. They both had a history of clean sweeps, and they wanted to keep it that way.

"I mean, can you believe after we finish this case, we'll be done with all this?"

"In a way, I'm kinda glad this is gonna be over," Jungkook confesses while he types away at his computer. "When this case is over, we can take a break and be together. We can go on vacation too," he shares quite excitedly. "I asked my dad to let us have some time off and he agreed to it as long as we won the case."

"I guess this break gives us more of a reason to win then," she laughs lightly. It had been a while since Y/N went on vacation, so a long break was definitely desired after working on such a hard case.

"Honestly speaking, I don't think we'd ever be put on a case together again even if we win this one. I mean, we ended up sleeping together.." she teases, a playful smile on her lips. "Don't go sleeping around with the next girl you work with," she jokes, rolling her eyes as she flips through the documents.

"Wouldn't dream of sleeping with anyone else," Jungkook chuckles.

All he ever thought about was Y/N and it certainly said a lot about him. The boy was head over heels for her.

"Don't go sleeping with other guys either. Don't even look at them unless it's necessary," Jungkook jokes, sounding like an overprotective boyfriend.

He sits back in his seat, patting his lap to prompt her to sit. "I want you closer to me.. come sit here."

Y/N gives him a sheepish smile before standing up from her seat and making her way to his side of the desk. With the case document still in hand, she situates herself on his lap, adjusting herself until she was comfortable.

If someone were to walk in now, the view would be far from professional, but the pair didn't seem to worry about it.

"Is this close enough?" she whispers, turning to look back at him over her shoulder.

"Hmm... maybe," Jungkook smirks, placing her on his thigh with his arm secured around her waist. "That's better," he settles with a soft smile.

He goes back to typing with one hand on his computer, letting Y/N see what he was up to. The pair had all of the evidence in front of them, along with the defendant's claims. All the two had to do now was wait for the hearing.

"Give me a kiss."

she places the file down onto the desk, turning her body to face him fully. "I think I might have to start charging you to see me," she jokes, inching her face closer to his, purposely preventing her lips from touching his. "Also, we're at work, it would be highly inappropriate to do anything of the sort."

"It's not like anyone's watching," Jungkook cocks his head to the side, ghosting his lips over hers. He made sure to close the door behind them both before they walked in, but locking it was not in mind.

"You need a break anyways. A small kiss won't stop the progress we've made so far." His influence was surely not the best in this case, but he had no other way to get her to kiss him.

Unfortunately, all his sly mannerisms went out the window when his father knocked on his office door.

Y/N gasped and quickly got off his lap, pulling her dress down after it had slightly ridden up whilst she was on him.

They really needed to learn how to keep things on the down low.

She cleared her throat and rushed back to her side of the desk. Jungkook was also busy trying to fix himself up before shouting 'Come in.'

Mr Jeon walked into the office, finally noticing Y/N was also in the room. "Ah, Miss Lee, I didn't think you'd be here," he chuckles, and all she could do was flash him a nervous smile.

"Oh I was just about to leave. We were just doing some final touches before the hearing," she explains, grabbing all her stuff and heading for the door. She gave Jungkook a small wave and Mr Jeon a slight bow before closing the door behind her.

"You need to be more careful with your relationship at work son," Mr. Jeon shakes his head in disapproval, but the chuckle from his lips doesn't stop from coming out.

Jungkook only sighs, standing up to talk to his dad face to face. "Sorry dad. I really love her..." Jungkook admits shyly to which Mr. Jeon nods.

"I'm aware Jungkook. All I need is for you to keep your relationship and your work separate for the sake of this case. I don't want to have to impose a dating ban against you two if you don't get any work done. Understood?" Mr. Jeon tells him carefully, making Jungkook nod in agreement.

"We'll be careful!"

wc: 926