72

"Man, you almost had me excited," she pouts, taking the box out of his grasp. She tried to get a good feel of the black box; it was neither light nor heavy, and when she shook it, nothing could be heard moving in the box.

"Hm, did you just buy me a box with nothing in it?" She glances up at him for a moment with a cheeky smile on her face. "In all seriousness though, you really didn't need to get me anything..."

Inside the box was a necklace with the prettiest, most elegant diamond heart pendant resting along the chain.

The gift wasn't purchased recently, only being bought a year ago for Y/N's birthday. Jungkook planned to drop it off anonymously the day before her birthday, but his nervousness got the better of him and had been sitting on his dresser since.

"Open it and let me put it on for you," Jungkook shares excitedly, "I think it'll look beautiful on you."

His comments were certainly making her grow more curious as she slowly opened the box, revealing the diamond necklace, the heart shaped jewel resting beautifully on the felt pillow.

"Oh my god.."

The shine from the necklace was almost blinding as she carefully took the necklace out of its box, letting the chain hang from her fingers. "It's— it's beautiful, Jungkook.."

"It's nothing.. I'm glad you like it," Jungkook scratches the back of his head, smiling sheepishly at her reaction. He wasn't sure how she'd react to the gift, but he surely felt like he made a good decision.

He stands up from his seat, walking behind her to carefully take the necklace out of her grasp and rest the expensive chain over her neck, the diamond sitting perfectly between her clavicles.

It suit her perfectly.

"You look gorgeous with this on..." he mumbles, pressing a soft kiss to her shoulder before finding his way back to his seat. "Do you like the necklace?"

"Is that even a question? I love it.." she says softly, picking up her her phone and using the screen as a mirror to see how it looked on her. The diamonds sat perfectly along her neck and this time, the necklace felt like a perfect fit. Unlike Hoseok's one, where she wasn't certain about her relationship with him, this one meant a whole lot more. "Just so you know, I'm never taking this off."

Undeniably, Jungkook's heart skips a beat. He couldn't hide the stupid grin mustering on his face. "I'm glad you like it," Jungkook chuckles.

After some time chatting, a waiter comes to bring food for them both to enjoy for dinner. "Ah, I was starving. I've been so worried about this date that I worked up an appetite," he admits.

The only thing that worried him was the necklace. "It kinda looked like I was going to propose right?"

"Honestly, yes. As soon as we got here, I just saw the dinner table and the little box and immediately thought you were gonna propose," she chuckles nervously, stabbing at her food with her fork and eating. "Imagine, we went on vacation for a break and we come back engaged." Everyone's probable reactions back home played in her mind, and it brought a small smile to her face.

"Before you say anything, I'm not let down, I really do appreciate all of this; the date, the necklace.. and you."

Jungkook reaches over the table to hold her hand with his, "I'm glad we did this together. I'm especially glad that we put our egos behind us and told each other how we truly felt."