12

"Us?" she questions. She never really thought about herself and Hoseok as one. But since he wanted to talk about it, maybe she shouldn't have asked him over.

Y/N needed a way to get out of this, and quick.

"Hang on, just give me a moment," she says, before rushing to her room.

Her phone was on her desk and she quickly unlocked it, messaging Jungkook:

'Call me in 5 minutes.'

Once she had sent him the message, she went back to Hoseok. "Sorry about that," she says softly, taking a seat next to him again. "I just wanna know, what you think of me? I mean I'm not quite sure what you see in me but," Y/N wasn't able to finish off her sentence, Hoseok's presence only making her nervous.

"I think you're very intriguing," Hoseok shares. He scoots back a bit to give Y/N enough room because he could sense how uncomfortable she was. "I'm interested in you romantically and I would like to take you on a date before-"

Hoseok was cut off by her phone buzzing.

Jungkook didn't wait five minutes to call Y/N when he sensed the hangout wasn't going right.

Once Hoseok spotted Jungkook's name on her screen, he scoots back away from her.

"I should probably take this." She gives Hoseok an apologetic look, before standing on her feet and walking towards the kitchen area. All Nara had to do was concoct a lie of some sort to try and get out of this.

She picks up the phone, "Hello?" Y/N wasn't expecting Jungkook to know what was going on, so she just took the lead. "Oh, new evidence came in for the case?" she says, a little louder for Hoseok to hear. "Okay, I'll be right there." She quickly ends the call, not giving Jungkook enough time to respond.

She makes her way back to Hoseok. "Hoseok, I'm so sorry but I've got to get back to the firm."

"Oh..." Hoseok stands up from the couch, smiling sadly at her. Good thing he didn't think much about Jungkook's call, only thinking of it as a truthful excuse. "Well, enjoy the food when it comes," he says as he walks to the front door, "See you around?" He tries to keep the air lighthearted, but the awkward tension was still there.

Hoseok doesn't say anything more, before leaving out the front door. A text message sounds on Y/N's phone from Jungkook reading:

coming to the firm?'

God, Y/N felt so bad for ditching Hoseok. She couldn't bring herself to use somebody just to make Jungkook jealous. Especially someone like Hoseok who deserved nothing but the best.

She sighs and picks up her phone, responding to Jungkook's message.

No, make sure you're at home

is all she sends him, before taking off the robe she was wearing and putting on the brand new trench coat she had bought a few weeks ago. She never got the chance to wear it as it didn't go well with the outfits she wore at the firm.

Y/N was quick to grab her keys and rush out the door towards her car. She uses the rear-view mirror to do some quick touch ups before starting the car and driving to Jungkook's home.

wc: 553