09

Y/N looks over at Jungkook, who was eyeing her achievements. "I see you're fascinated by my awards," she smirks.

"They're pretty average for someone like you," Jungkook fires back. "I bet it pisses you off that I'm above you and all you're ever good at is being second to me," Jungkook moves away from the various achievements she had won.

He wasn't interested in what she done better than him at, he just wanted to get under her skin. Probably get another reaction out of her to get a repeat of last night. He knew all the buttons to press to trigger her.

And now he was back to his old self.

"Go fuck yourself Jeon," she grits, rolling her eyes at him.

Y/N knew she was good, and she didn't need someone like Jungkook to tell her what she was and wasn't good at. "Instead of wandering around, you should come and solve this irrefutable case with me," she says from behind her desk, gesturing towards the mess of sheets on her desk.

"The case is solved. You said so yourself that the prosecution was the easiest route," Jungkook sits back at her desk, sulking against his chair. Doing case work was boring to him, but it always came natural to him as well.

"Let's work on it on the weekend instead. I can't focus in here," he mumbles out. Every time he came into her office, memories of last night reappeared in his head. "Let's get lunch or something."

The day had only just started and Jungkook already wanted to get lunch, but Y/N wasn't gonna turn down food.

She tidies her desk quickly and rises to her feet. "Say no more," she follows Jungkook towards the door, leaving her office.

As they both walked side by side through the building, they were getting eyes from everyone. Y/N leans in closer to Jungkook, "Call me crazy, but surely I'm not the only one that can sense everyone's eyes on us.." she says this in a hushed tone, not wanting anyone else to hear her.

Jungkook and Y/N weren't exactly famous, but they were very well known within the firm and in other firms. She knew scandals about them both would emerge and will be used against them to bring them both down, but there was a reason why they were both classed as the best lawyers in the industry; they could easily fight back anything that came at them.

"I would stare at us too if we were enemies one day and partners the next," Jungkook mumbles back.

He twirls his keys around his fingers, trying his best to seem uninterested in everyone's stares. Rumors were going to start about the two, but he didn't care. As long as the word didn't go back to his father, he was fine.

Once they make it to the car park, Jungkook unlocks his car and gets inside the driver seat. "What do you have a taste for?"

"Anywhere is fine, I'm not a picky eater," she shrugs, putting her seatbelt on.

"I'll take you to my favorite spot for lunch down here," Jungkook puts his car into drive and makes his way out of the parking garage. He never took people to this spot where he was going and deciding to take Y/N as just a random act of will.

Pulling up to a pizza shop, Jungkook surprises himself by opening the passenger door for her.

What was with him today?

Jungkook shakes the thought away. "They have the best pizza here," Jungkook mumbles, finding their way to a booth.

Y/N follows closely behind Jungkook as he leads her to the pizza restaurant. "Best pizza? Really? Coming from you, I'm not very convinced," she says, a smug expression on her face.

She slides into the booth with Jungkook. "Besides, why would I ever believe anything coming from you?"

"You're so stubborn, Lee," Jungkook rolls his eyes as a breathless chuckle falls out.

A waiter comes to hand them both menus and leaves to give them enough time to look over it.

"Here's a deal. If the pizza is good, you have to buy it and if it's not, then I'll buy it. Sound good?" He wouldn't be Jeon Jungkook if he didn't put a wager in their outing. Plus, a little competition never hurt anyone.

"And you can't do that thing you always do when you act like you don't like it. It's so annoying."

Y/N almost burst out laughing at his comment.

"You're on, Jeon."

She always loved a competition; her relationship with Jungkook was solely based on that.

The waiter returned to take their order and briefly left.

Her eyes danced around the room, taking in the decor and design of the restaurant, when her eyes landed on a very familiar looking man entering the restaurant.

"Oh my God, that's Hoseok." She begins to panic after having blown him off for lunch, and now she was out with Jungkook. "Quick! Hide me!"

"No way! I don't want him to see that I'm eating alone like a loser!" Jungkook levels with her.

In reality, he wanted Hoseok to see. Maybe this way, he could back off and finally leave Y/N alone. "Just don't make eye contact-" Jungkook starts before Hoseok makes his way over to their booth.

"Y/N! I didn't know you ate here? Is this you're partner?" He asks with a large grin plastered on across his face. It takes everything in Jungkook not to roll his eyes at him.

Of course Hoseok spotted her, his eyes could catch anything.

Y/N sits up right from her previous position, painting a forced smile on her face. "Hi Hoseok! This is actually my first time eating here, my partner over here. Jungkook..." she extends her arm out towards Jungkook, "...introduced me to this place."

Her eyes switch back and forth between the two males, hoping Hoseok wouldn't question why she was out right now, and Jungkook wouldn't try anything on her.

It was like Hoseok first noticed Jungkook's appearance right then and there. Still, he whines his smile to Jungkook who only nodded at the fellow. "Well I'll leave you two to be! See you soon, Y/N."

Hoseok leaves and Jungkook cracks the largest grin he could muster. "That dude is so pussy whipped! What did you give him?" Jungkook taunts. "Nudes? Sex? Don't tell me one simple kiss has him following you like a lovesick puppy..."

"I haven't done anything with him yet, keep your voice down," she hushes him, in case Hoseok was still in hearing range. "I mean, he's a great guy but I don't know, there's just no... anticipation???" She really wasn't making any sense right now. "I mean, everything is too predictable around him, I like a bit of tension," she shrugs.

It was only a second later when she realised what she had just said, and it was clear she was talking about her relationship with Jungkook.

"Sounds like you need to reconsider your priorities, Lee," Jungkook says simply.

He sips a on his Coke, eyeing Hoseok from afar. Jungkook's connection with Y/N was far more better than Hoseok.

Maybe the phrase, 'nice guys always finish last' was true to a sense?

"If you honestly like the guy, then surprise him. Do what you did to me," he mentions casually.

It wasn't like a repeat of last night would happen again..

Right?

wc: 1251