35

A soft knock was heard at Y/N's office door, only to be Jennie with breakfast for them two to enjoy. "I came to see how your weekend went," she beams quite excited. Jennie takes a seat in front of her desk, waiting for her to dish out on what happened.

"I think my weekend went okay.." she says, completely uninterested in her own words.

Jennie sips on her coffee. "Why 'okay' and not good?"

Y/N hesitated to answer her, but she couldn't go through whatever this was, on her own. "The night of the party.. God it was amazing. And dinner with the Jeon's yesterday went really good, but now I'm starting to think I might actually like him.. and not just as a casual fuck."

"Isn't that a good thing? He obviously likes you too," Jennie says like it's a simple occurrence. She sips on her coffee before speaking again. "If he had you meet his parents, then he's pretty serious about you. Just tell him that you don't want to be fuck buddies anymore and have something real this time."

Her advice may be easier said then done, but she was right in a sense. The two needed to communicate better.

"Jimin and I are going on a date tonight...we should make it a double date!"

Y/N shrugs, "I don't know.."

Jennie's words seemed like the most efficient and effective option to take, but she didn't know if she was ready for that type of conversation. She was never good with confronting people and being confronted.

"How can we go on a double date when I'm not even dating anyone?"

"Y/N... you and Jungkook fuck each other and you spend the night at each other's houses almost every day. It seems like something a couple would do," Jennie shrugs.

Even when the two didn't have sex, the moments they spent together resembled one of a couple.

"Jimin will make him come tonight, but all you have to do is look hot."

"I guess I don't have a choice huh?" Y/N knew exactly what Jennie was like. Jennie never took no for an answer and she always got what she wanted.

"Nope! You're coming home with me after work, I'll hook you up with an outfit and I'll do your makeup and it'll make Jungkook rethink all his life decisions," Jennie winks, before getting up to leave.

Back to work then.

Right as Jennie leaves her office, Jungkook finally makes his appearance in front of her office door. This time, he actually knocks before entering.

"Hey, I got some work done on the case and I need you to read over what I did," he says rather timidly. Usually, Jungkook never asked for any help from Y/N, but he had a reason to today.

"Yeah sure," she responds, hiding her distress. The pile of papers he had handed to her was quite big, but it was easy for her to get through.

Whilst skim reading each sheet, the handwritten note Jungkook had left, came into view.

'Sorry for last night. I was being weird and I should've told you how I was feeling.'

Y/N looked up at him, only for him to avoid her gaze. She read the note and sighed, standing up and walking around her desk so she was stood in front of him.

"You didn't actually need my help, did you?"

"Not really," Jungkook admits, sitting down in front of her. He felt guilty for the way things ended last night. He had to make it right. "I'm sorry for being so distant last night... I was in my head and I should've just talked to you." His voice was timid, but his nervousness hadn't gone away.

"It's okay, I understand you wanted to be alone.." she sits on the couch next to him, making sure to keep some distance between the two of them.

"I think..."

Why can't he just admit that he likes her?

"I think we should talk about... us for a second."

Y/N didn't exactly know how to begin, but she was tired of keeping her thoughts to herself. "Look.. I don't think I want to do this anymore.." she starts. "I mean, I don't think I want to be 'just a fuck' anymore," her voice becomes quiet as she wearily glances at him.

"Okay that's fine," Jungkook smiles softly at her, but the smile was clearly fake. He too, didn't want to be 'just a fuck' because he only wanted more. "Are we going back to co-workers or... are you wanting to be something more?"

There was a moment of silence between the two of them; it felt painful. Y/N didn't want to be something more if he didn't want to. She assumed her feelings for Jungkook were one sided, and she wasn't up to go through it.

"I think it would be best if we stayed as co-workers.. I don't know if you could tell but I'm quite clearly in love with you, but I don't believe the feelings are reciprocated.. and so I think it'd be best if we kept our distance.."

The feelings Jungkook had for Y/N were far from one sided. He was madly in love with her and it scared him.

How did one moment in the office turn into this frenzy of feelings?

"My feelings for you are.. odd," Jungkook admits. He reaches out to hold her hand, but bets against it. It definitely went against his word.

"But I am in love with you, Y/N."

wc: 935

.