48

When Y/N got back to her office, she could only wonder what Jungkook and Mr Jeon were talking about, however she wasn't wondering for long as  phone began to ring. She picked up the phone seeing that it was her mother calling.

"Hello-"

"Listen honey, let's go on that ladies day out today. I wanna spend some time with you before the hearing. And you should tell Jungkook that your father wants to have a meal with him today, okay? Okay, I'll pick you up soon!"

Her mother was talking so fast, Y/N  could barely get a word in. She shook her head and dialled Jungkook's office number into the office phone. It rang for a few seconds before he picked up.

"My mom wants to spend the rest of the day with me, and my dad wants to have a meal with you tonight, so be ready."

"By myself?" Jungkook asks. The idea didn't bother him, but it was her father after all. He had to make a great impression to gain her father's blessings to date her, so there was no backing out of this dinner.

"Can you tell me a bit about your dad so I don't piss him off and make him hate me?" Jungkook chuckles, typing away at his computer.

"Well..." she trails off, thinking about how to describe him in a way he wouldn't be difficult to impress. "I mean, he's pretty much the same as Mr Jeon. My dad was quite strict on me when I was younger, and he still kind of is today, so just make yourself out like a good man and you should be fine," she shrugs, writing case notes on a post-it.

"And if he asks how we got together, don't mention the little situationship we had at the start. If you stick to these rules, you should be good to go."

"Ah, this is going to stress me out all day," Jungkook chuckles, leaning back against his office chair with a sigh.

Mr. Jeon could be a difficult man to deal with, but he gave his son the freedom to do as he pleased in  some circumstances.

"I'll try my absolute best to impress your dad. If he's anything like my dad, I'll keep my professional side open at all times."

"Then you're all set! Don't stress too much about it though, my dad is a pretty nice guy-" Y/N could go on all day complimenting her dad, but her mothers car had arrived outside of the firm to pick her up.

"My mom's here to pick me up. I'll catch you later Jeon."

****

After everything was taken care of on his part of the case work, Jungkook took his leave to get ready for dinner with Mr. Lee.

The slight nerves he had for the night were beginning to get unsettling, but they would surely ease away as he grows comfortable with her  father.

Jungkook gets dressed and drives to the restaurant to meet her father, being welcomed with him sitting at a table for two.

"Nice to see you again, Jungkook," Mr. Lee sticks his hand out to which Jungkook shakes firmly.

"And to you as well," Jungkook smiles softly.

The two settle at the table, allowing silence to unfold while they gaze upon the menus. It wasn't until Mr. Lee interrupted the peace with a conversation starter.

"I hope everything regarding the case is going well? I'm sure Y/N is holding her own on her part so far."

"Yeah, the case is going good so far. We have everything we need to win and-" Jungkook goes on with his rambles until the waiter brings their drinks for the night.

In a way, this distraction can ease Jungkook's worries to just talk naturally with Mr. Lee.

"So Jungkook," Mr. Lee starts, "After this case, will you make things official with my daughter?"

Jungkook had the best answer to this, but Mr. Lee doesn't give him a chance to speak just yet. "Y/N is a hardworking girl who loves her career. I won't stand behind having anyone damage it. She's worked too hard to get where she's at now."

Now Mr. Lee was rambling, but Jungkook could understand his worries. Him and Y/N did have a rough start the first time, but they grew to love each other. Very much so.

"I love Y/N a lot and no amount of love I may have for her will get in the way with her career. She's extremely professional with keeping her work life and personal life separate."

Mr. Lee smiles softly at the boy.

In that moment, he knew that Jungkook was genuine about Y/N. He knew all about how much she hated him at first, but things surely turned around at the end.

His daughter was finally in love with the one she wanted to be with.

"I'm hope you're going to make my daughter a very happy girl," Mr. Lee chuckles to which Jungkook nods.

"I'm going to do everything and more."

"Y/N is a tough one to handle at times. She's like her mother in a sense," Mr Lee chuckles. He could definitely see the personality shared between them both.

Soon enough, their food arrived and the night was occupied with light conversation about work and life.

Jungkook surely got the blessing of her father in an instance and he couldn't be more happier.

"After the case is over with, you and Y/N should come along with us on our family vacations!" Mr Lee suggests, as he offers to pay for both of their meals.

"That sounds great! I'll have to ask her first."

The day between Mr Lee and Jungkook came to a close as soon as he made it through his front door.

The night went way better than he expected and he couldn't wait to tell Y/N.

'Are you coming over to my house or am I seeing you tomorrow at work?'

Y/N whipped out her phone upon seeing Jungkook's message.

'You'll be seeing me tomorrow at work, but I'll call you when I'm in bed.'

She taps send and climbs out of the car, saying goodbye to her mom and trudging to the front door with all her bags.

When she enters, she leaves all the bags on the sofa, heading straight for the shower and once she was done, she carried out her usual night routine, throwing on a set of plaid pyjamas and rushing into bed to call Jungkook.

wc: 1094