08

The following morning, Y/N was back in her office, working on the case, waiting for Jungkook to arrive, whilst a colleague of hers was sat on her desk, chatting away. "How's it going so far with Jungkook?" the girl asks. 

"Hm, what do you mean?" she responds, not bothering to look at the girl on her desk.

"I mean, how are things? Any arguments? Any progress on the case? What about-" she rambles on until she stops at the sound of Y/N's office door being opened.

Jungkook stands in the doorway with two cups of coffee and a small box of glazed donuts. A small blush appears on his cheeks at the sight of the coworker on her desk, but he tries to act natural.

"Let's work on the case," Jungkook mumbles, about to place his belongings on the couch from last night. However, he decides that her desk would be a better spot.

"See you later Y/N," the girl winks at her right before she leaves.

She watches as Jungkook makes home on her desk.

"You're late Jeon," she says bluntly, averting her eyes to her computer. She skims through the document on her computer before looking at him once again. The silence between them was palpable, and she was going to speak but she found herself admiring him.

She was having very vivid flashbacks from the night before, and it was quite obvious considering the way she was pulling the hem of her skirt down and squeezing her thighs shut. Y/N shook her head in dismay at her thoughts. "Um.. Any reason why?"

"I was getting some breakfast for us," Jungkook lies.

In reality, yes he was a bit late from running to the café across the street, but majority was from him hyping himself up in his car to face her. He pulls a chair up in front of her desk, flipping through the documents with no eye to her whatsoever.

Normally he would be taunting her or teasing her, but the vibes were different now. "What are we starting with?" Jungkook breaks the silence, looking up at her finally. His gaze switches from her lips then to her eyes, "Defence, right?"

"Defence?" She quips, raising her brow in disagreement. "I'm quite sure we picked to be prosecution last night, no?" She tilts her head questioningly at him. Y/N was certain they both agreed on being the prosecution for the case.

"Jungkook, all the evidence in this case clearly indicates we have to be the prosecution.. it would be an easy win for us." Y/N could go on and on about this, but she needed to hear what he had to say.

"We didn't decide on that last night," Jungkook defends himself. The only thing that he remembers deciding on was having sex with each other. He swallows thickly at that.

"But if you think it will help us win, then fine." He rolls his eyes.

One thing about Jungkook was that he hated being wrong. He wasn't a lawyer for no reason. So, he goes back to being silent and reading through the case for the fifth time today. Honestly, he was trying to distract himself and his mind of the events from last night.

It didn't work out for him.

"Are we going to talk about last night?" Jungkook mumbles quietly.

Y/N was really hoping they'd be able to avoid the subject of last night, but it was inevitable. It was about time they both addressed the elephant in the room.

She sighs and leans back against her seat. "It's been a few hours, I still haven't managed to wrap my head around it," she begins, biting on her bottom lip as she recalls last nights events for the 100th time.

"I think.. it was just really late, and we were alone in the office, at night, and we got carried away? I mean I definitely got carried away when I shouldn't have, and it was unprofessional of me, so I apologise."

Jungkook knew she would brush the mishap underneath the rug. However, that didn't mean the sexual tension between the two would go away so easily. He could see right through her.

"Alright," Jungkook shrugs it off. He'll see how long it will take for the two to break and relive the moments of last night.

"But I'm not apologising about last night. I'm not sorry that we had sex. I enjoyed it," he adds casually, leaning back against his seat.

Her eyes grew big and her whole body heated up at his comment. "I never said I didn't like it.. I-I enjoyed it too," she says, avoiding his gaze. It was killing her having fed his ego, but the least she could do was be honest after telling him a flat out lie.

There was a moment of silence between the two which was soon interrupted by Y/N's phone ringing.

Y/N picks up her phone and sees Hoseok calling her. She takes a quick look at Jungkook and then back at the screen before picking up. "Hi Hoseok, how are you doing?"

There was a hint of annoyance from Jungkook about Hoseok calling, but he kept his composure. He couldn't show that he was affected by him otherwise it would make him look suspicious.

"Hi love! I was wondering if you want to grab lunch later on today?"

His loud voice rings through her phone and Jungkook hears every word.

"Or maybe I can bring lunch to you if you're too busy?"

The girl takes a quick look at the mess of papers on her desk before responding to him. "Ah, Im afraid I won't be able to meet up for lunch today. I'm sorry, my partner and I are just really caught up in this case, we've got so much work to do," she explains to him, hoping he'd understand.

In all honesty, she just didn't want Jungkook to be around Hoseok because knowing him, he'd do everything in his power to push Hoseok away from Y/N just because he hated her.

"Ah, that's okay! Maybe next time?"

Hoseok tries again. Jungkook nearly laughs at how pathetic this guy was to get in her pants. He was way too nice for his own good.

Completely done with the conversation that the two were having, he stands up to admire her office. It was quite spacious and roomy for her own good. She kept it clean and had all of her achievements hung against the wall.

"Hurry up with the conversation. We have work to do."

She throws a scowl at Jungkook, shaking him off. "Yes! We can definitely reschedule. I'll let you know when."

After speaking back and forth, they manage to set a date. she finally ends the call, placing her phone back on the desk.

wc: 1135