V1: Chapter 6 - Study Groups

Misaka Mikoto POV

Bam!

The sound of Ryuuen's fist against the podium reverberated through the classroom. I let out a sigh. Can't he just call for everyone's attention? People already fear him anyway.

"Listen! Since your performance during the short test was deplorable, I've organized three study groups. Misaka, Shiina and Kaneda will take care of the tutoring. Each one of you will have twelve students. And I'll tell you right now! You better have an average of seventy-five or higher on these exams. I already sent the schedule for the sessions on the group chat of the class. You better check them out. I won't tolerate any absence or laziness. Is that understood?"

Most of the class nodded. I expected to be one of the tutors so there wasn't much of a problem.

"Ryuuen-san?" Ishizaki-kun raised his hand. "Why Chikujoin-san is neither a tutor nor on the lists for those who need tutoring."

"Ehh? Like that brat would get less than eighty or tutor seriously," he sparked.

That was just an excuse though, everyone knew that Chikujoin did as she pleased. She had left the classroom as soon as the bell rang.

"You can all go back to do whatever now! Sessions start tomorrow so you better be there! Misaka! Come here, I need to talk to you."

I told Shiina-san to go ahead to the library where we'd meet Kiyotaka and approached Ryuuen-kun curious.

"Do you need something Ryuuen-kun?"

"Yes, I want you to see if that friend of yours can get you last year's tests."

"Friend of mine?"

"The one on the student council, that cause a fuss on the club fair Misaka, don't play dumb with me."

"Oh! You're talking about Karma," I hit my palm with my fist as if I've just had a sudden revelation.

"I can talk to him, but why don't ask a senpai directly?"

"Those idiots will ask for points; I'd rather keep the ones I have, for the moment."

"I see. And since Karma and I are friends you think he'll give me the old tests. Hmm... That's not knowing Karma, he's not one for charity."

I put my finger on my chin as if thinking hardly.

"Although, thinking about it... He does owe me a favour from middle school. A pity to lose that favour for some old papers though."

"Just ask him and tell me what his answer is."

I nodded and began to leave. When I was at the door, he called out to me again.

"And Misaka... Do not sell anything about our class."

"What are you saying Ryuuen-kun. I would never do something like that. I'm on your side after all," I replied, a beaming smile on my face.

Once in the library I made my way towards Shiina-san and Kiyotaka.

I noticed Nao playing chess on a corner where with whom I'm assumed was Sakayanagi-san. Nao's hand was suspended in the air and her face showed a shocked expression. That's not normal. I wonder what Sakayanagi-san told her.