V10.5: Chapter 7 - Don't Tell

Misaka Mikoto POV

The midday sun cast a hazy glow through the windows, painting the hallway in a soft, almost melancholic light. Spring hung heavy in the air, a dampness clinging to everything, a premonition of the inevitable rain clouds gathering on the horizon. Despite the approaching downpour, my steps were purposeful as I left the Acting Director's office.

The weight of the conversation still pressed heavily on me. Even if I managed to obtain what I wanted, Tsukishiro's words echoing in my mind. But for now, I had a different mission. Today, I was to meet with another student that could give me something else.

My destination: the second-year dormitories. That's where we would meet, someone with a unique skillset and a hand in the inner workings of Advanced Nurturing High School. This individual wasn't someone I trusted implicitly, but in the murky waters of the school, sometimes allies came in unconventional packages.

I entered the dorms and was greeted by a wave of cool air. The hallways were deserted. This unusual quietude suited my purposes perfectly. The less attention I attracted, the better.

With each measured step, a determined glint flickered in my eyes. They'd provide the help I desperately needed, and in return, I would offer something of equal value.

Reaching the designated floor, I stopped before a specific door: Asahina Nazuna's. Taking a deep breath, I knocked twice, the sharp raps echoing in the stillness. A tense silence followed.

The door then opened to reveal, not Nazuna but Nagumo Miyabi, the student council president. His eyes, usually brimming with playful amusement, were now serious and focused.

"Misaka," he greeted. "Come in."

He stepped aside, holding the door open for me. Entering the room, I noticed Asahina's absence as expected. She had been kind enough to let me and Nagumo use her room to have this secret meeting. If people saw me entering or walking out of here, it wouldn't be hard to explain, after all, Nazuna was my friend.

The decoration of the place gave it a cozy feeling that reflected Nazuna's personality. Nagumo, however, was a contrast to the happy atmosphere of the room as he sat by the desk, his presence filling the void with an undeniable intensity.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet, Nagumo," I stated, my voice steady.

Nagumo offered a ghost of a smile. "The pleasure is mine, Misaka. I must say, I was more than surprised when Nazuna told me of your request."

"Pleasantly surprised, I hope," I said with a smile.

"We'll see," he said simply. "So... what is all of this about?"

I sighed and sat at the bed noticing he wouldn't offer me anything to drink or even show hospitality. It seemed that, despite his curiosity, he just wanted to go straight to the point and be done with this.