V4: Chapter 7 - Emails

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

Waking up, I got out of my bed.

Yesterday's second meeting wasn't productive at all. Despite Ichinose's and Horikita's best efforts to move the group forward, everyone just kept beating around the bush, pretending to know or to not know things.

Especially Karma, who had been completely on the defensive, much to Ichinose's and Kocho's surprise. They played along, probably assuming it was part of Karma's plan. But for the likes of Sakayanagi, Nao or Ryuuen who were aware of the favour it must have been quite entertaining to see.

Karma would inevitably tell his class about the favour, though. It was his scapegoat, his way to explain what would most likely be Class B's poor performance on the exam.

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun."

Hirata spoke while finishing to change. I looked around the room and saw Yukimura with an annoyed expression in front of the bathroom door. Koenji was probably inside. So, I'm the last one to wake up.

"Morning."

"Hey! Koenji! Get out of there already!"

Seems like Yukimura was waiting for me to wake up to scold Koenji. I wonder if I should I feel grateful that he retained himself to let me sleep peacefully?

At that moment the door opened widely and a half naked Koenji walked out of the bathroom, his hair still wet.

"My, you shouldn't shriek like that, Yukimura-boy. You ruin such a lovely morning."

Yukimura made a sound showing his discontent and slammed the bathroom door when he entered.

I grabbed my phone and saw that it was eight o'clock. I quickly sent three messages to meet some people in an hour. It was better to act before Sakayanagi. I didn't need to rush things with the rabbit group, though. If Chikujoin's theories were correct, then Class A and C would exchange the Rabbit and the Dragon group which meant that the Rabbit group was controlled by Ryuuen. If that was true, then Sakayanagi wanted something by controlling the Dragon group.

Standing up, I went to pick my things. Yukimura wouldn't be there more than ten minutes.

"Uhmm... Ayanokouji-kun?" Hirata began nervously as if not wanting to disturb me. "About what we talked about yesterday..."

He didn't need to finish his phrase for me to understand he was talking about Karuizawa's matter. After getting Manabe's number I had exchanged a few messages with her. I managed to convince her to let Karuizawa be during the meetings. In exchange, I set a private meeting today around 14:30, Karuizawa wasn't aware of the meeting yet, though. According to Hirata, yesterday during the second discussion of the Rabbit group, Manabe and Karuizawa hadn't exchanged a word but had sent each other death glares constantly.

"I'm still waiting for Manabe to respond."

"I see. Please inform me or Karuizawa-san if there's any news. I believe you have her number, right?"

I nodded. I hadn't Karuizawa's number strictly speaking but since we were both on the Class D group chat, I could inform her of the meeting at any time.

Hirata stood up, visibly ready to leave, as he was going to speak all our phones received a notification from the school.

The test has now ended for the Rooster group. Those in the Rooster group are no longer required to participate any further. Please do not disturb the other students.