SS7: Kushida Kikyou - A Job Well Done

Despite the great number of stars on the sky, the deck was quite dark, and it was hard to identify anyone. Several couples were here but I paid no mind to them. Instead, I kept my focus on the starry sky.

It was the first night since the exam began. Today, the first meetings of each group had taken place, and, in all honesty, it had been a hassle.

At first, I was happy that I had been chosen to be the VIP since the chances that I would receive a lot of private points was high. However, whatever joy I found shattered as soon as I received that message from Tomori calling me onto the deck.

Looking at my phone for the third time I began to lose patience. It was almost 22:30, it's been half an hour since I arrived, and that little brat hadn't bothered to show up. I considered leaving but, if she arrived and I wasn't here I would have to hear her talking with her high airs about how I was a disobedient dog or something.

Why it had to be her that find out about my mask?! If it had been Matsushita alone, I wouldn't have any problem, the girl has been weird for the past four days, ever since we returned from the island. Just a little push and she would be out of the school.

Instead, Tomori was the first one to discover me and I had no idea on how to proceed to expel her. I was still a bit hesitant on going to Ayanokouji-kun for help. He was a childhood friend of Tomori, so, if I wanted him to help me expel her, I had to play my hand carefully.

"Boo."

I jumped, my heart racing suddenly and opening my mouth to scream, yet no sound escaped my lips. Grabbing the railing, I recovered my balance and gazed in the direction the sound had come from.

There, next to where I had stood a second again, was a smiling Tomori Nao.

"What the hell?! Don't do that!" I spoke in a loud voice but controlling it so that no one could hear us. Obviously, my friendly demeanour disappeared completely.

She giggled.

"Aww... But Kushida-san, your reactions are always so cute."

"You're late," I stated ignoring her comment.

"Huh?" she tilted her head in confusion. "I'm not Kushida-san, I told you 22:30."

"You said 22:00."

She shook her head playfully.

"You must have misread my message."

I decided to drop the topic. She would just continue to contradict me.

"What do you want?" I spat.

"Heh~? There's no need to be so hostile, Kushida-san. We're just two friends having a little chat, right?"

"If you say so."

Like I would consider her a friend.

"Fine, then. I won't waste your time for long, Kushida-san. I'm sure you want to go back to all your dear friends."

Of course, she would feel the need to throw sly remarks at me. She couldn't help herself.

I wanted to throw her off the ship so badly.

"Speak then."

"My, how impatient, Kushida-san... I would like the VIPs from Class D, of course."