V4: Chapter 11 - Trust

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

After the fourth discussion of the Dragon group ended, Horikita called out to me. So, we decided to come and have dinner in one of the restaurants of the main deck.

We had barely talked, though. While eating Horikita had been stealing glances at me, probably expecting me to begin the conversation.

I had no intention to do that though. If Horikita had matters to discuss with me, she was free to talk.

After we finished our meals, the waiter brought us the dessert menu.

Usually, I would ask ice-cream, but I felt like tasting something different today. A mizu yokan might be a good idea...

Although the black forest cake, the medovik and the Esterhazy torta also look appetising.

But maybe asking for four desserts is a bit too much... Perhaps if Horikita orders two and I order the other two...

"Horikita—" as I began my attempt to make Horikita order two of the desserts I wanted, my phone rang.

I looked at it to see who had called me with such a bad timing and it resulted it was Hirata.

I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Ayanokouji-kun. Is everything okay? You still haven't come back..."

So, Hirata was worried that I still hadn't returned to the room. Well, it's not like I have to rush. Yukimura must be yelling at Koenji again.

In fact, some background sounds confirmed me that Yukimura wasn't exactly in his best mood.

"Oh, I'm having dinner with Horikita. I'll probably have a walk later so there's no need to wait for me."

"I see."

I thought our conversation was over, but Hirata didn't hang up.

There was an awkward silence.

"I'm going to cut the call now..." I spoke.

"Wait. Ayanokouji-kun..." there was a brief pause. "... It's about you know... Karuizawa-san..."

"Karuizawa? Did something happen?"

"Well, I wanted to wait until you got back to tell you but... earlier, halfway through the meeting she stood up and asked the teacher's permission to leave..."

"I see."

"I don't know why, though. She only told the reason to Chabashira-sensei who allowed her to leave. I don't know, Ayanokouji-kun. It worries me a bit. Are you sure the matter is resolved?"

This was his ulterior motive to call me then. He was worried about Karuizawa and the matter with Manabe.

Today, I had told him that the matter was already over and that everything was fine, but it appeared that Karuizawa hadn't been able to stay in the same room as Manabe for even an hour.

"It is. We'll go tomorrow morning to her room if you want. Let her rest for now."

"I understand, Ayanokouji-kun. Thank you for your help, and I'm sorry to bother you over and over."

"It's okay."

When I finished the call, I noticed Horikita's sever look on me.