V2: Chapter 3 - Confrontations

Akabane Karma POV

The next morning, I woke up early and left the dorm for my morning routine around the park. With my headphones on, I began thinking about the last events. As I had predicted Tonokawa had been expelled and the school had given no reason at all to explain it. Ryuuen's experiments had led him to target that red haired idiot of Class D and now Kiyotaka's class was on a tough spot. We offered our help because of Ichinose's and Kocho's goodwill but I had managed to get an alliance with another class. I was also curious as to how well Class D would handle this matter. Kiyotaka seemed to see a certain potential in the president's sister and the other girl, Matsushita. Nao had expressed that the both of them had potential in her reports, as well.

The best part is that I would be able to use propaganda.

I had been wanting to do so for a while now. Ryuji's presence at the school journal was a great plus to publish things without needing to pay private points, since the work of the journal was financed by the school through the student council's budget distribution. A budget distribution that I, as the treasurer, had complete control over. Of course, without justifiable reason - like a club shutting down - the only moment one could modify the clubs' budgets was at the beginning of each school year.

After my exercise, while making my way back to the dorms I saw two interesting persons. They were dressed like they were going to or were coming back from jogging. I wasn't going to approach them but the blonde one of the pair saw me and began walking in my direction.

"Karma! Good morning."

"Morning, vice-president. Didn't know you exercised."

"Of course, every now and then I get up early and do some exercise. It's a good way to keep healthy, don't you think, Karma."

I nodded a smile on my face. Kiriyama stood behind Nagumo now. For someone who hates his boss, he sure makes an obedient dog.

"Karma," Kiriyama greeted me simply. I nodded again acknowledging his presence.

Nagumo came closer to me, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Now, Karma, why don't you tell me how you did it? Leaking that information. Expelling Tonokawa~"

"I'm sorry Nagumo, but I don't understand what you're talking about. I didn't do anything. I don't know if Tonokawa leaked the information, nor if he did it on purpose or by accident. But the fact is that the school concluded that he was the responsible. Unless, of course, you're suggesting that the school made a mistake..."

"Ehh? I see... You know Karma, if you want a match, I'll be glad to have you as my next plaything in September. Just don't come crying after I've destroyed you."

"The fact that you really believe those words amaze me," I told him in a mocking tone. I shrugged his arm off.

"That's quite an arrogant statement, Karma. Hmm, be sure to entertain me," Nagumo said as he walked away in the direction of the second-year dorms.

"I could say the same to you, vice-president," I muttered to myself after they had left.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

I entered the classroom and made my way to my seat. Yesterday Horikita had explained who the witness was, and we have decided that Kushida would approach her later to try and persuade her to testify.