SS30: Ichinose Honami - Thank you

Friends.

It was one of the things I held the dearest.

When I first arrived in this school, I saw it as an opportunity.

A fresh start.

Away from the shame.

The shame of facing my mom.

The shame of facing my little sister.

The shame of having done something that caused the destruction of my own family.

I guess that what people say is true, in a way. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

All I wanted was for my little sister to feel a little happiness amidst the turbulent situation the family was already in.

But I couldn't predict my mom's reaction... Or maybe I did and simply ignored it? Originally, she wasn't supposed to learn about what I had done. Nevertheless, my little sister inevitably wore the clip, and my mom noticed it.

The shame I felt seeing the look on my mom's eyes, the look on my little sister's eyes... It was by far my worst memory.

That had been the moment I fully understood.

I failed as a sister.

I failed as a daughter.

In an act of what I thought was goodwill, I stole. I stole and I showed my sister stealing was okay, I showed her being dishonest was justified. What kind of example was that? I stole and I showed my mom that I was willing to go the easy way as long as it held the result I wanted. I made her believe that her efforts to raise me had been for naught.

And a year later I found myself here.

In this school.

In this dorm.

In this bed.

At least the bed is my friend. Just the bed. It's a great thing really. It is easy when you are beaten. I never knew how easy it was. To just lay here.

And what beat me?

Nothing.

I went too far.

I am sorry that I went too far out.

I ruined us all.

My classmates.

My friends.

They were not at fault.

It was all mine.

I trusted Karuizawa-san.

I trusted Matsushita-san.

I trusted Horikita-san.

I trusted Ayanokouji-kun.

I trusted in the alliance between our classes.

Trust, huh?

How could I be so dumb?

Karma-kun warned me and I didn't listen.

I trusted so much, so many and I ruined my class.

I ruined my classmates' future.

It was all on me.

I wanted...

I just wanted everyone to get along.

Was that so bad?

*ring*

The sound of the doorbell caught my attention, making me raise my head to look in the direction of the door.