SS20: Kiryuuin Fuka - An Interesting One

The final day before the exam, I left the cafeteria and walked into a corner of the school building.

After such a busy week, I deserved some rest from all the turmoil. So, when I found a nice spot, I sat down on the floor, sighing in relief at the calm atmosphere of this secluded place. Sometimes, it felt good to simply disconnect. Of course, that was only one of the reasons I came here.

Noticing a certain presence, I raised my head and looked at the newcomer, a smirk on my face.

"My, my, what does my dear kouhai needs of me?"

Instead of answering immediately, he sat by my side.

"You seem pretty exhausted," he said, to which I sighed.

"Yeah. Asahina is not that easy to deal with. She can be pretty stubborn, you know?"

"I didn't know that. We haven't talked all that much. But I'll notify Karma."

"Oh, he knows. I tell him each dinner." I chuckled.

I had been dinning with him, Asahina and Nagumo most of the time, after all.

"I see."

"So?" I raised an eyebrow. "Why did you contact me?"

"I want to confirm everything's okay."

"Of course, it is," I laughed. "Those girls you were eating with didn't give you a report or something?"

"They told me a few things," he shrugged.

"So, you want my version as well?" I snickered. "You and Karma aren't that different on that regard, you know?"

"What do you mean?" he cocked his head, not understanding my affirmation.

"You ask reports from all around. Even if the information is pretty much the same," I clarified with a shrug.

"Do you think it's a waste of time?"

I shook my head slightly. "No, I think it's good to seek information from everywhere. It's important to contrast it," I affirmed. "Now, what would you like to know?"

"Everything you can tell me."

"You sure? We don't have that much time," I said amused. He responded with a blank stare to which I chuckled and quickly apologised. "Okay, then. Among the first-year group's I'd say the Class B ones are the only ones struggling, although the other day there was an incident where Nao got lost on the forest or something—"

He raised an eyebrow when I said that, but I just continued with my explanation. So, I recited pretty much anything there was to know about the girls' battle, for all first, second and third years.

"—And that's pretty much it," I finished with a beaming smile.

"I see. And how are you doing?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you be okay?" he asked. "You've complained about Asahina a lot."

"Oh, yeah, don't worry. She's annoying and all, but the girls don't resent me or anything. If anything, my position in the group's great."

He simply nodded.

My affirmation was true, of course, there was no way I would be expelled.

"Oh, and you and Karma owe me for my hard work," I nodded matter-of-factly, having forgot to state that earlier.